Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you would pop up best bathrooms as I had my conference call today and my business partner answered and when he passed the phone to me the chap on the other end of the line kept sayin "hello hello" then the line went dead now if this contract was legitimate for 1 I would say they would ring back straight away considering the deadlines they have to keep to! Sorry strict deadlines! And secondly why wouldn't the clients want to meet the contractor before they start work, I was in a position where if I hadn't read this forum I'd be £2100 pound down I will be doing my best to make sure no one else is conned by this professional con outfit!
a partner and i got to the same stage you did and if it wasn't for this thread we would be out of pocket too !!!
keep it up Ecoheat

As stated on my previous posts i done some research and asked for references in which was supplied to me and all checked out ok..

I read through this forum and took everything into account but no one on here has actually done a contract so how can you say if its good or not ???? I spoke to 3 companies that cover a contract and said they have been getting work from it so i took the chance and have been doing it for just over 3 weeks and got jobs from them and there clients.

Believe what you will but i would rather listen to people doing these contracts that have parted with the money and covering the work than people who think they know ????

Did anyyone get bored of this thread? So after all that is it a scam or not?.. i had an email and a call from them too! Waiting for the next one... a fella by the name of Kenny Johnson-Scotish. I'm no Einstein and I've not got years of experience, but i got a funny feeling about this... Usually they just disapear when you say send me something in writing. So we'll see. I definately won't be sending them any money upfront, no matter how refundable it is......
:willy_nilly:

Last edited:
They just rang again but i didn't answer... left no message..OOOO!!

Hi Guys, Just got the NUS email for the PL area (Plymouth) these keep cropping up from time to time, Have seen them on the local Gumtree site as well, keep asking them to remove my details from their data base, but they keep sending same rubbish every few Mths, see its now got pritty pictures on add, I know quiet a lot of plumbers in Plymouth, no one heard of them, woundering if they just target people they think are desperate or new to the industry, you can see how young Plumbers just starting out would think it is a good way to get regular work, if the contract is so good , would they be happy if you paid them after 12 Mths so thay could prove that their claims are true ! I Think Not.

Best bathrooms could you PM me details of the three references you've had as I'm thinking of signing up they seem pretty genuine to me and any info would be dead handy cheers mate.

There has been a lot of discussion about NUS Ltd. They claim to be the country's leading Property Management Comany and have a website nusltd.com .
I am the Company Secretary of a small plumbing and heating company in the South East and we have also been approached with a request to tender on a short timescale. There is a fee of £1725 up front for a contract wit a minimum of 475 customers to deal with. The website shows that there are fixed prices for various jobs.
I have researched the company and can give you the following facts.

NUS Ltd
Company No: 07428069
FirstRegistered : 03November 2010
Director: MarkLeeming
RegisteredAddress: 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]floor, 14 Hanover Street
London W1S 1YH
Capital: £100
TM01Termination of Director: 03March 2011 (Mr. Mark Leeming)
AP01Appointment of Director: 01March 2011 (Mr. Mark Lazarus)
AD01 Changeof Registered Address: 02June 2011
RegisteredAddress: POBox Suite 6, 313 Upper Street
London,N1 2XQ
Note 1: Company Return overdue since December 2011
Note 2: Financial Return due August 2012
Note 3: MrLazarus contact address:
CrookedholmCommercial Centre
81 Main Road,Kilmarnock KA36JU

The Registered Address in London is a Post Box address. 313 Upper Street is occupied by FJL Ltd, an Estate Agency and can be seen on Google World street view.
The address in Kilmarnock is a small one story building with co-occupancy by several small companies.
The glossy website can give the impression of a successful large company. This is easy to achieve. I have built a number of websites and it doesn't cost much to do.

Just had my last chance reminder from Drew Lewis, only got untill Friday 30/3/12 to send £1728 + vat, will be rushing to bank to get money for them ! :59:

hi everyone i have just received an email from these people nus ltd to cover the hp area they say that they now charge a fee of 1725.00 and have stopped taking commision on the jobs i think i would preferr the old way that way you only pay them commission once you have been paid for the job
BIG SCAM STAY AWAY

I got the same e-mail in february. Who are they? I've got a mate who is an accountant, I'm gonna
get him to look into Charter House. maybe get some more info

My brother also received the NUS LTD. email today....

Contract Reference: NUS-RM-GAS
Postcode Area of Coverage: “RM” Postal Code
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: Friday the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] of April
Minimum Requirements: Fully Gas Safe registered with a minimum of £3 million Public Liability

..... And being a little gullible, Thought it was a great opportunity for him being newly gas safe registered. He rung the guy straight away and was told everything he wanted to hear, He came home and told us all about it. We decided to research the company and came across this forum and have found it very useful.
As well as finding this forum I also typed in the telephone number provided...

Ian Jackson, Contracts Manager, Office: 01563 529 909

And it turns out that 'Ian' as well as being an employee of " The UK's leading Property Management Company (NUS LTD) Who offer a range of property maintenance services to a host of clients all over the UK ".
Is looking for.....

Beauty Consultant Team Leader Ote 60k Pa
Glasgow
Malibu TnT Beauty Consultant - Team Leader.

Job Involves Selling Teeth Whitening,Spray Tanning And Various Body & Teeth Crystals To The General Public And Also Beauty Business Owners.

The Successful Candidate Must Be Outgoing,enthusiastic,have A Love For The Beauty Industry And Be Very Much Target Driven.

No Experience Necessary As Full Training And Equipment Will Be Provided.

To Apply For The Above Position, Please Call 01563 529 909 And Ask For Ian.

Interviews Will Be Booked In For Early Next Week So A Prompt Response Is Required.

....On Gumtree! My brother has now said he is thinking of taking a new career path after seeing that salary! We will let you know once he has won his 24 month contract and asked to pay the £1730 fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
well that's interesting. I did however visit there web site, looks very professional. But these days most people can start up a decent website. If they are so interested why don't they put an ad in one of the national tabloids, makes it look more legit?

I also found this site when doing research, I also had contact with NUS and was provided all the information that i requested.

I have parted with the contractors fee and took a gamble as all references and information provided was all given the thumbs up by a solicitor that looked over everything for me, I have been covering a contract now for around 2 months and have been very happy with what have been supplied to me so far, I was accused of being employed direct by them and being a plant which just sums up certain gas engineers outlook on everything.

so my advise is dont believe everything you read on a forum i have been keeping an interesting eye on some of the threads posted since i found this forum and have yet to actually read from anyone who has done any work or contracts for them just people thinking they know.

So for me NUS Have provided my company with what they said they would and have covered work for various clients that they have registered me with.

I also found this site when doing research, I also had contact with NUS and was provided all the information that i requested.

I have parted with the contractors fee and took a gamble as all references and information provided was all given the thumbs up by a solicitor that looked over everything for me, I have been covering a contract now for around 2 months and have been very happy with what have been supplied to me so far, I was accused of being employed direct by them and being a plant which just sums up certain gas engineers outlook on everything.

so my advise is dont believe everything you read on a forum i have been keeping an interesting eye on some of the threads posted since i found this forum and have yet to actually read from anyone who has done any work or contracts for them just people thinking they know.

So for me NUS Have provided my company with what they said they would and have covered work for various clients that they have registered me with.

Yeah Mate, Of course you have!..
Just out of interest, who are you doing work for? Name a couple of their clients and let people find out for themselves using further research, instead of directing people to fictitious references published on a website anyone with a couple of hundred quid could produce.
The highlighted part of your statement says it all really, if they were actually "
The UK's leading Property Management Company" How come there is no-one actually doing any work for them on this forum apart from you?
Don't you think its strange you feel the need to post on here about how great your contract is going? If it was me I would be keeping my mouth shut as if its really that great then you may be in danger of increasing your competition..

CES the fact of it is yes i have been covering work for them and have been happy so far.. it just seems that if you have nothing but negative statements to make about NUS then don't post it becomes a witch hunt !!!!

I found this site from research and yes i tok on what people were saying and all the references that was supplied me were all above board was supplied all there details and everything matched up.

Why keep my mouth closed all i stated hat no one can comment on something they have never done, i spoke to companies that have took the chance on and all have gave been happy so far.

Again i would rather listen to a solicitor's advise than yours and look forward to the threads of i must be a employee or a plant sometimes i cant believe how negative this gas industry is becoming !!

Safegasinstall the only reason i have posted on this thread is i only come across UK Plumbers Forum while i was doing research when i was considering this contract.

I have been keeping an eye on this and thought i would post that i have been pleased with what has been provided to my company so far and el the press that they get on here is not justified how can anyone judge if they have never done any work or contracts before for NUS.

All the Best

Seem's a couple of people are doing ok with NUS (UK's leading Property Management Co) But ! if they are so good ! Why do they have to keep pestering people to work for them ? If as they claim to be the Leading Managemant Co and offering this amount of work they would be overwhelm'd with applications , Iv'e ask'd Local Estate agents about them , none seem to have heard of them, same as a lot of local plumbers, But maybe they do-not opperate in the SW of england, or maybe us simple country foke or not so gullible.

:pirate:

But why should you have to pay a fee? We are always told that you don't pay for a job contract.

CES the fact of it is yes i have been covering work for them and have been happy so far.. it just seems that if you have nothing but negative statements to make about NUS then don't post it becomes a witch hunt !!!!

Also someone who can post over 1000 times on a forum you must be that busy that you spend your time in front of a computer all day, I found this site from research and yes i tok on what people were saying and all the references that was supplied me were all above board was supplied all there details and everything matched up.

Why keep my mouth closed all i stated hat no one can comment on something they have never done, i spoke to companies that have took the chance on and all have gave been happy so far.

Again i would rather listen to a solicitor's advise than yours and look forward to the threads of i must be a employee or a plant sometimes i cant believe how negative this gas industry is becoming !!

Hmm. how do you work that one out?.. Have you got a camera installed in my office?.. ah maybe its the fact I don't log out you assume I'm sitting at my PC all day, well for someone who does a lot of research and due diligence you appear to have fallen into the same trap that you accuse us of doing. Assuming without any real facts!
Oh and just to clear up any confusion, I wouldn't dream of giving you any advice, after all you seem to be raking it in while the rest of us are left scratching around after NUS' scraps.

Right, lets put this to bed for once and for all.

Their Testimonials

Envirotech Solutions Ltd, Ayrshire (Richard):
Took a national coverage contract on over 12 months ago covering maintenance, electrical and gas work and kept me and my guys busy. Wasn't too sure at start but glad I did.

Company is now dissolved as at 18th jan 2012.

I've yet to see GK Maintenance drive around up here, I'm sure I can ask a few of the other Scottish guys if they have seen them but I suspect we already know the answer.
The only plausible testimonial appears to be the last one, again, no disrespect to him but he's the only registered gas engineer.

So there's four displayed testimonials that are all kosher and checked over by a Solicitor, (yeah of course) If I was you I would be considering changing solicitors.

Seems a little strange that with 27 engineers running from a office address in manchester that they only have 1 Mobile phone number, no land line no fax, nothing showing under there trading name for this address, Looking at the guys picture on gas safe site he do's not look the sort to be employing 27 engineers ! And what about addmin staff ? it's not possable for him to do all this work himself ! And why is he the only one who is registerd with Gas Safe ? This must be some sort of set-up, Think I will send email to GSR and ask them to look into what is going on !!.

It won't hurt to get nus looked into if they are a scam and at least if they are not then they need to find a different way of operating.

They must be fed up with your areas cos they now attacking IG postcodes. This is a scam and you dont have to be einstein to work it out

a) The company is not registered at Companies House
b) 410 properties for just under 2K????????
c) 410 properties for only 3m insurance cover
d) They are prepared to consider a single engineer for the contracts???
e) No company address on email

C'mon NUS, you can do better than this. At least set up a proper company DER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They must be fed up with your areas cos they now attacking IG postcodes. This is a scam and you dont have to be einstein to work it out

a) The company is not registered at Companies House
b) 410 properties for just under 2K????????
c) 410 properties for only 3m insurance cover
d) They are prepared to consider a single engineer for the contracts???
e) No company address on email

C'mon NUS, you can do better than this. At least set up a proper company DER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are registered with companies house.. Which on the face of it kind of gives NUS Ltd the look of some sort business credibility i.e. being a limited company.
And that is where it ends...

Here is their current standing with companies house...

Name & Registered Office:
NAT UTILITY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
SUITE 6
313 UPPER STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
N1 2XQ
Company No. 07428069

Date of Incorporation: 03/11/2010

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 30/11
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 03/08/2012
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 01/12/2011 OVERDUE

I have emailed companies house to day about this outfit and here is their response.

Good afternoon, Mr Bates.

The company is Nat Utility Solutions Ltd with company number 7428069:

http://nusltd.com/terms-and-conditions

It is an offence under s.1197 of the Companies Act 2006 to use a limited company name that is not registered to the person using it (NUS LTD) so a member of this team will contact the company about that.

You might also wish to notify your concerns to the Insolvency Service, as they have the powers to investigate companies suspected of improper practises. here is a link to their website:

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/Companies/company-investigation

We will contact you again when the matter is resolved.

Kind regards

Dominic Roberts
Case Manager
Technical Offences Team

One more point, it is all well and good coming on public forums and talking about outfits like this, then sitting back and doing no more about it. What you need to do is inform trading standards and forward the information to them. When trading standards get inundated with information about the same company they will take action. If only one or two people do it, then the chances are very slim of anything happening.
NUS Ltd have recently invited me to apply for the RM area, although I might live there I certainly don't work there. Being already aware of this scam, I decided to play along, got one of the girls to send an email showing interest in the available contract. Lo and behold first thing in the morning Drew from NUS is on the phone giving it waffle. I simply asked him for a copy of the contract, his response was "we cannot do that". Well call me old fashion but the point of a contract is, is that something is written down on paper which all parties agree to. So then ended up listening to more waffle so hung up on him. He then emails the girl who sent the original email thinking that she can make a decison with my money. Any way as she is full aware of whats happening she sends and email requesting a copy of the contract (taking into account that the RM contract is going to be awarded this Friday) Here is there response....

We do not issue contracts out “willy nilly” and would not send a contract without these first two initial processes being completed. If you have 15 – 20 minutes spare this morning to talk to me in regards to the details of the contract then that would be greatly appreciated and allow us to move forward in this contractual process. I look forward to your reply.

Yours thankfully

Drew Lewis

Nuff said really:44:

Well what do you think lads? shall we make an effort to call Trading standards and get the complaints in? There's alot that's
not right about NUS. If trading standards get on to them they can investigate and put this to rest.

Is it not a legal requirement to issue a copy of a contract to someone if requested?

I have highlighted in bold the possible reasons you can complain to Companies House about Limited Companies, just because they are limited makes not one jot of difference if they are dodgy or failing to provide what they are promising. Bank accounts can be frozen and if need be the company directors assets seized.

There must be reasonable grounds to suspect fraud, serious misconduct, material wrong-doing or significant irregularity in a company's affairs for us to investigate.The Insolvency Service does not only investigate the affairs of companies that are subject to insolvency proceedings. It can also investigate companies that are actively trading, or which have ceased trading without entering into insolvency proceedings, using powers of investigation under the Companies Acts.
Please note – ‘company’ can also refer to a Limited Liability Partnership. There must be reasonable grounds to suspect fraud, serious misconduct, material wrong-doing or significant irregularity in a company's affairs for an investigation to take place. The Service can investigate:
Limited companies and limited liability partnerships that are active and have a business address in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, including overseas registered companies which are operating within the UK. Companies that are actively trading, or which have ceased trading without going into compulsory insolvency proceedings.
Investigations are fact finding in nature. They are not criminal investigations, although they may address conduct which could amount to criminal behaviour. Our approach is to take a proportionate and realistic view of issues brought to our attention, and to investigate aspects of corporate behaviour which might harm both the business community and the public generally. With this in mind we wish to know about the activities of any company which appears to be causing significant harm to consumers, trade suppliers, service providers, investors etc., who have had dealings with it. Also where there is any strong indication of serious misconduct in the management or affairs of a company.
Such activities would include companies that:

• Are set up for an illegal or improper purpose (‘Sham’ companies);
  • Engage in, mainly consumer targeted, ‘scams’ where there is little or no intention of supplying or providing the ‘products’ promised;
  • Promote, advertise or otherwise participate in bogus investment schemes or other ‘get rich quick’ opportunities;
  • Engage in asset stripping operations;
  • Target vulnerable groups using high pressure selling techniques;
  • Take fees, deposits or other advance payments, in circumstances where there is little or no reasonable prospect of providing the goods or services offered;
  • Falsely claim to ‘ring fence’ or otherwise protect customer or client monies/funds in their possession;
  • Falsely claim to honour guarantee or warranty obligations;
  • Falsely claim official status, approval, authorisation, bonding, licensing etc., from or by a government or other official body;
  • Falsely represent, or otherwise abuse charitable, educational or religious status;
  • Falsify their accounts, documents of contract or account, or security or references etc. In order to present their affairs more favourably;
  • Improperly (and successfully) evade debt and/or transfer assets at under value to the detriment of third parties who have dealt in good faith;
  • Are managed or controlled by persons who are prohibited, by law, from participating in the control or management of a company’s affairs;
  • Are improperly managed such that reputational damage to the UK corporate regime is likely to result.
You can lodge a complaint or provide information of undesirable activity or behaviour in a variety of ways. See the section about "How to complain about a company".

Is it not a legal requirement to issue a copy of a contract to someone if requested?

I never said it was, but only a fool will enter into a contract without having first read what the contract is about. In fact there is little point in even discussing a possible contract without knowing what the small print says. Of course you could have a verbal contract, but when it goes pear shape and your in the county court asking for your money back the judge will say "show me the evidence" and it will be no good saying "well he said blah blah blah"

I never said it was, but only a fool will enter into a contract without having first read what the contract is about. In fact there is little point in even discussing a possible contract without knowing what the small print says. Of course you could have a verbal contract, but when it goes pear shape and your in the county court asking for your money back the judge will say "show me the evidence" and it will be no good saying "well he said blah blah blah"

Lol I know you didn't :p I'm sure I read somewhere though that if someone asks for a written contract to read and/or have appraised prior to entering a contract then you are obliged to send them one before going any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock