Search the forum,

Discuss anyone got a thermal imaging camrea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Kindov thinking of getting one but don't know if it would actuly be worth it, there realy expensive but if it worked I could see it saving hours on messing around on jobs.

Leaks under floors on heating/hw pipes.

Finding exactly were a blockage is on a heating system which would save so much messing around if you were powerflushing or tracing blockage.

I'd love on but can't justify the prices, they are MUCH cheaper in the states. Also the resoloution on the cheaper models seems quite poor.

We discussed wish lists of tools a good while back. I mentioned I would like a thermal imaging camera then. Will I ever buy one? Er - no.

If they cost £200 then I would. Don't see that happening anytime soon.

Thought of getting one but the price put me off, but they seem to be getting cheaper

i would love to own one but the cost of them means i will never afford one. I have held one once on a new build site when the builder had one to check the building insulation. great toy.

how much do you think you would need to spend on one for it to do everything we would need it for?

more then its worth , by the time you get your money back out of its use it will be well out of date

I would say that you couldn't justify the cost of the tool on your jobs

And how much to fix if it breaks?

think of the fun you could have??

are trumps hot? you could see your pee in the dark........... oh and it could help in some plumbing task's ;)

A funny story springs to mind.
When I used to work in the dockyard, on the main steam system, about 10 years ago we had a new guy take over the projects dept.
basically his job was to make cost savings.
Without our knowledge he ordered a big crane( estimating £1500) to lift all of the 6 inch thick, 2 metre wide steel duct covers, because he had used his new thermal image gizmo, and found there to be very high temp areas under these plates, so suspected that the insulation was degrading.
But to his surprise nothing wrong with insulation.
Turns out when he had taken images, sun had been out and warmed all the plates up nicely.

You couldnt make it up
Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone got a thermal imaging camrea? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock