Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone gone self employed from fast track? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has gone self employed successfully from one of these fast track courses? If so how have you found it?
thanks in advance!

ive known a few , all bar one i think have ended up either selling up and changing jobs or working for BG etc to learn the trade properly

Anyone who intends to make a living as a plumber needs a plan beyond the training. It doesn't make sense to invest a load in a course and then expect it to lead to work. It's difficult - you need contacts in the plumbing world, but you also need a way of generating your own customers.

I did. Have been running a plumbing business since 2008 now. I learnt an awful lot early on by making some big mistakes..

This forum helped me a lot in my early days!

One of the best things I did is passed the work I couldn't do on to a local gas engineer. They got the money, I learned quickly from them whilst on the job. Win-win if you find the right one.

Cheers for all the replies :) . I have got 5 years experiance ( non gas ) in plumbing whilst working for a plumber. Unfortunately I never got my qualifications. I am doing a "short course" which will actually take roughly 2 years to get my nvq ( I have a placement sorted ) . The only reason I asked is I would like to go self employed but wasn't sure it was a good idea with my experiance and short course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone gone self employed from fast track? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock