Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone ever seen a 15mm fitting like this? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I've lifted up some floorboards in a house and found a Y shape tee joint on the central heating piping. It looks like two pipes sliced and jointed together rather than using a normal tee. The image below (on the link). Has anyone seen or can name this joint? or how/why or what the rationale is?
IMG_0914.jpg
is?

Thanks SJB060685,

I take it that I'm correct in assuming this isn't normal. The tee is at the end of a return circuit of the radiators in the house. Since this is a 1950's house I guessing it been there decades and survived multiple boilers changes.

Do you think it worth or must be replaced?

cheers

I suspect its a crude form to prevent reverse circulation, although I could be wrong, definitely by someone who understands fluid dynamics though. Is it a combi or boiler and cylinder and rads? If its not a combi is it a sealed system?
If i was to see that I would probably cut out and replace, it may have lasted multiple boiler changes but the integrity looks like its seen better days.

Cheers SimonG, Gasmk1, king of pipes & SJB060685

I will arrange for someone to cut out and replace. I traced one of the legs and it been capped off next to pipes that go to the back ground-floor Rad. I moved into the house in March and its currently a Combi but based on the state of the airing cupboard in the landing It must have been a boiler and cylinder at some point.

But I think SJB060685 you hit the nail on the head! :)

Thanks again!

Reply to Anyone ever seen a 15mm fitting like this? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock