Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone else struggling with work during this pandemic in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone

Any other plumbers struggling with work during this covid situation?
I went self employed in September was really good up until Christmas then it's been dead as a door nail since lock down came in to force again . I'm not a gas engineer just a general plumber .I've joined check a trade not 100% on it or if it's any good .I knew it was going to be hard when I first started to get my name out there.
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and has some advice

Kind regards

James

One thing that most people don't realise is that it can take 2 - 3 years to really build up a new SE business with the referrals and repeat business.

Then factor in Covid

I've been SE for 11 years and my phone is quieter than normal and nearly all my calls are from existing clients

An observation about your profile - you don't give a location. Why not? A possible customer could be looking on here right now and would never contact you, but could be a mile away from you.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear

Yes a big difference since Christmas / new year , phone very quiet here .
Hang on in there , work will come back with a vengeance when this is all over .
Problem is when ??

Hello everyone

Any other plumbers struggling with work during this covid situation?
I went self employed in September was really good up until Christmas then it's been dead as a door nail since lock down came in to force again . I'm not a gas engineer just a general plumber .I've joined check a trade not 100% on it or if it's any good .I knew it was going to be hard when I first started to get my name out there.
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and has some advice

Kind regards

James
Where you at as I’m snowed under where I am? If anything I have been strangely more busy during lockdown.

Hi mate

To be honest, it’s been much busier and non stop. I use sites like my builder etc. Having to turn work away. Try some different methods of advertising or trade sites. Not sure about check a trade. I have had customers on my builder where I have paid for £4 lead. Like an outside rap and it’s lead to thousands of work. Well worth it in my opinion.

Reply to Anyone else struggling with work during this pandemic in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock