Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone dealt with U Find a local?? Want advise of how to get rid of them?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lee121080

Hi.

We want to share our experience with a firm ufindalocal.comso that they are exposed and no other businesses get ripped off by them.

They started by cold calling to sell their advertsingcompany. Having told them loads of time we were not interested, we finally gavein due to their hard selling and agreed to advertise for one year for £280.

A couple of months passed and we received a call to say wehadn’t opted out of the following years advertising and therefore owed them£8000+VAT!!!! Shocked we told them we did not agree, but they pointed out it isin the small print of their invoice which indeed it was. We were told that ifwe agreed there and then they would reduce it to £3999. In a panic and againafter their aggressive hard sell reluctantly agreed just to get the price downas we weren’t sure of our legal position.
After seeking advise we decided to then ignore all callsetc. Luckily we had changed banks so the previous card details were no longervalid...if they had been they would have charged the £3999 to that account.
We then received an invoice via recorded delivery. Weignored it.
Yesterday we received an email stating we owed them themoney and if we did not pay they would take us to court. We replied statingthat we had taken further legal advise (which we had) and that we were notpaying them and we were going to report them to the Department of Trade andIndustry. After a couple more emails of them trying to call our bluff theywithdrew their invoice and told us we did not owe anything.

If anyone else has been fooled into this please do not paythem anything. We are reporting them to the DTI and have also informed papersetc and hope that they are exposed for the scam artists they are!!

A quick google search puts up a lot of bad press of similar stories!

I rarely accept any cold calling tactics now, once bitten twice shy!! A quick google search will normally be all that's needed to suss out these companies before handing over any details!

Worlwide wide marketing were the ones to con me, they claimed to be calling from Google lol! I have never been scammed since, as I am always on guard!

They are scamsters. They run through certain keywords with you over the phone to show you they are at the top, you try another word and nothing comes up. Won't touch them. It's a scam for £1000 per annum for nothing.

Did you even get any interest/jobs through them or is it just a complete scam where they dont even advertise you?

I think this is the lot that had me years ago I was looking to go self employed and fell for it. I never got a thing off of them and when I said that they said I would get 30-40 jobs a week off it they said well your getting on average 30 hits a week it's not our fault they are not turning into a job. They used to give you a basic website and apparently advertise you in various places. They also promised no 1 on google and yahoo on the phone then when you saw the paperwork they sent out it was very well written.

I had the last laugh though as I only paid 3 months and cancelled it when they got really pushy was when I was going through major money troubles so they never got another penny.

In a way I'm glad I did get scammed by them as it made me very wary of any cold callers where as before I was too trusting of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone dealt with U Find a local?? Want advise of how to get rid of them?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
We live in a terraced row (SW London) and our neighbours are currently in the process of finalising their extension. There is a potential drainage issue (their rainwater drainage) for which they have advised us of a course of action to resolve it. Before agreeing, we would like a bit of...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a contract fee of a couple of grand. Always come from Scotland too eh? Good Afternoon, UK Repair require a domestically qualified...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock