Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody recognise this old tap fitting in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

1637934051929.jpeg
Sorry cocking this up , any good folk recognise this cartridge and where I can one .

Use a socket and ratchet to remove it. (Putting lubricant on it definitely won’t help removing it.)
But you must have the tap spout held or you could cause tap body to twist and create a leak below sink! Usually best to have spanner/ratchet handle nearly in line with the spout so you can ‘squeeze’ the handle towards the spout. Sometimes pushing a piece of plastic waste pipe over spout will give extra leverage.
You can get conversion heads which are the complete works and heads. Screwfix do them.
What is wrong with it? Might be fixable.

They all look pretty much like that! B&Q sell them as do Travis Perkins, BUT. count the splines as there's no such thing as standard. I got a cheapo mixer tap from a mail order company that had 32 splines. Couldn't get a replacement anywhere. But a fewer spline count is more 'standard'.
What's wrong with it? Might just need the ceramic washers descaling if it's dripping... see youtube for a demo.
When it comes to removing it.... if it's on a ss sink unit, then it's safest to remove the tap completely, clamp the valve in a vice and swing the tap body. Else you'll probably bend or crease the ss sink unit.

Last edited:
That tap will just be washered works. You could try just buying standard tap washered works from Screwfix or B&Q and they might fit the existing heads, but probably best just buy conversion heads. That way it should sort it & you will have metal handles.
Those type of works can come apart inside due to wear on internal O ring and stripping them into 3 parts & greasing it all inside with plumbers silicone grease can do a temporary repair, but better to replace

That tap will just be washered works. You could try just buying standard tap washered works from Screwfix or B&Q and they might fit the existing heads, but probably best just buy conversion heads. That way it should sort it & you will have metal handles.
Those type of works can come apart inside due to wear on internal O ring and stripping them into 3 parts & greasing it all inside with plumbers silicone grease can do a temporary repair, but better to replace
I am a bit surprised you didn't suggest 'whacking it gently'. Good to see you bye the way.

Reply to Anybody recognise this old tap fitting in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock