Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody Recognise This Mixer Tap? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

I'm sure some of you will have seen it before, usual merchant didn't recognise it!

It was installed with the wash bin in my gf en suite WC & Shower about 30 years ago, I have maintained it when it started passing a couple of times but only by dismantling, clean & reassembly. Before the holiday it started passing again so I decided I'd had a good life out of the cartridge & it was time to renew it. Nobody recognised it so nobody could supply new parts! I've rebuilt it & its working fine but I must find new parts before their nylon wears out completely.

Please take a look at the photos & advise me.

Thanks,

Neil
5SGDgfEnsuite - 1.jpg
5SGDgfEnsuite - 4.jpg
5SGDgfEnsuite - 2.jpg

Given it's age it's well past it's use by date.
Even if it was a popular and still current manufacturer you'd struggle to find a repair kit and if found would probably cost an arm and a half and the major part of a leg from a new old stock supplier.

It's basin mono mixer with popup waste, not exactly expensive nowadays.
Like this, also includes new waste, but would probably work with the old pop up waste.
£42.98

Given it's age it's well past it's use by date.
Even if it was a popular and still current manufacturer you'd struggle to find a repair kit and if found would probably cost an arm and a half and the major part of a leg from a new old stock supplier.

It's basin mono mixer with popup waste, not exactly expensive nowadays.
Like this, also includes new waste, but would probably work with the old pop up waste.
£42.98

Thanks Snowhead, I appreciate the advice. Neil

It looks like an Ideal standard, but as no one has been able to identify. I can't be 100%
Just fit new tap and leave the old pop up.

Hi Guys,

I'm sure some of you will have seen it before, usual merchant didn't recognise it!

It was installed with the wash bin in my gf en suite WC & Shower about 30 years ago, I have maintained it when it started passing a couple of times but only by dismantling, clean & reassembly. Before the holiday it started passing again so I decided I'd had a good life out of the cartridge & it was time to renew it. Nobody recognised it so nobody could supply new parts! I've rebuilt it & its working fine but I must find new parts before their nylon wears out completely.

Please take a look at the photos & advise me.

Thanks,

Neil
View attachment 47148 View attachment 47149 View attachment 47150
Its a basin mixer mono tap w/ pop up waste a traditional decors its design in variety of different tap head styles such as crosshead, infrared, lever,

Attachments

• forum pic mixer mono tap  pop up waste.png
    forum pic mixer mono tap pop up waste.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 2

Reply to Anybody Recognise This Mixer Tap? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock