• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Anybody experience s&*t lead made by midland lead? in the Plumbers Forums News and Updates area at PlumbersForums.net

bear

bear

Anybody been using Midland lead and found it’s curved when you roll it out? Had this happen to me on 2 different jobs with lead bought from 2 different suppliers! Only thing in common is it’s made by midland lead. Both 390 code 5

Attachments

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Nope guess someone wasn’t paying attention when they cut it

Last Plumber

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It looks like it's been stored badly to me.

E

exedon2

Midland lead produce both milled and cast lead cast stuff is just plain awful and it's much harder to work.

snowhead

snowhead

Esteemed
Plumber
As L-P., I'd say it's been stored badly, probably the bottom layer on a wooden pallet and its collapsed.

Or it's been dropped from height.
I doubt the mill it was rolled on is capable of producing curved sheet.

The irony is if you wanted a sheet with a slight curve in it you wouldn't be able to buy one.

OP
bear

bear

Very true BUT!!! Midland lead did say there was a problem as somebody else had complained and (no idea how) it was a mistake at the factory.
As L-P., I'd say it's been stored badly, probably the bottom layer on a wooden pallet and its collapsed.

Or it's been dropped from height.
I doubt the mill it was rolled on is capable of producing curved sheet.

The irony is if you wanted a sheet with a slight curve in it you wouldn't be able to buy one.

Chalked

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
That’s cheap cast lead. We always use milled lead.
screw your supplier down and that’s what they give you

OP
bear

bear

That’s cheap cast lead. We always use milled lead.
screw your supplier down and that’s what they give you
Yes it’s crap stuff. “100% recycled” was the 1st lot. Tinny crap. More Tin than lead!!! I never bought it and wouldn’t buy that s#*t. You’ll never beat Caulder lead.

Reply to Anybody experience s&*t lead made by midland lead? in the Plumbers Forums News and Updates area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads