Search the forum,

Discuss Any way to fit a toilet flush with the wall when waste pipe isnt close to wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rednev

Hi.

Planning a renovation of our bathroom.

Our current toilet protrudes from the back of the wall as the waste pipe isnt close to the external wall.

See pic below.

http://i.*********/cWRV4Kc.jpg

I would like for a new toilet to be flush to the wall behind it... how can we go about doing this? Would the waste pipe need to be moved backwards, or is it possible to purchase toilets that allow for waste pipes that are this distance from the wall?

How about these type of toilet / basin combos... can these be used to hide gaps between the toilet and the wall?

Something like this:

910mm Blanc Matte White Combined Suite with Toilet & Basin - BathEmpire

910mm-blanc-matte-white-combined-suite-toilet-and-basin-crosby-ii-pan-zoomed-out-view-mv7031-v5000-480-480.jpg

Could hide all sorts behind these, all depends on how deep the unit is, and where the hole in the floor is once the pan is in place, time to get the tape measure out.

that could work, they come in different depths.
the waste still needs considering, but likely you would be coming forward so that's not a problem.
you can always go back to a separate cistern.
they can be quite attractive with a chrome pipe

Cut off existing collar at floor level and connect swan neck ,(question mark),bend as suggested by Ray, into 40mm offset straight connector. You will need short length of 100mm straight plastic pipe, as sold for ventilation, pushed into offset to make seal with swan neck. Length of swan neck cut to suit. This will not get you back to wall but will bring you closer.
The alternative is to connect to drain outside building, with external stub stack and horizontal connection through wall behind WC.

Cheers Guys... we are in a bungalow, so behind this wall leads straight into the back garden.

If I was determined to bring this back to the wall... would it mean a lot of work for a plumber to do?

Thanks

I've got away with cutting a hole in the bottom on the pan (same size as the soil pipe) & sitting that over the waste pipe.

Take it easy when cutting the pan, they tend to crack easily

I've got away with cutting a hole in the bottom on the pan (same size as the soil pipe) & sitting that over the waste pipe.

Take it easy when cutting the pan, they tend to crack easily

Are you for real cutting a hole in the bottom of the pan?

Why not do away with pan all together and get a traffic cone fitted upside down! lol

A vitra s20, orS50 fully enclosed, toilet pan has the soil connection 7 inches inside the pan amd could be used in this instance. It will still need a swan neck pan connector.

Why not do away with pan all together and get a traffic cone fitted upside down! lol[/QUOTE]

^^ Could work I guess, only problem is... Customers like to flush something!
Makes them feel like they got a good deal

Ray you could make a fortune if you found a supplier that made a toilet with longer part between pan and cistern. Removed many low level toilets and had this issue.

We do. Its called an HO pan, a low level cistern, and a flushpipe! :)

From memory 1970s, around time of pitch fibre, soil pipes were brought up 6" off wall.

Just catching up.... thanks for all the info.

Ive measured from the wall to the side of pipe closest to the toilet and its measuring approximately 28cm as it currently is.

Also forgot to say.

We are in a bungalow, but the floor in the bathroom is floorboard with area underneath.. .could this mean that a plumber could modify the waste pipe a lot easier?

I may ask the plumber who is fitting a bath soon and needing to adjust some pipes coming up from the floor to perhaps have a look so he can evaluate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
With suspended floor modification, is easy provided you can get to pipe outside building and remove whole of existing connection. Don't be tempted to bodge a connection under floor where you can't get back to it.

no no never use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any way to fit a toilet flush with the wall when waste pipe isnt close to wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock