Search the forum,

Discuss Any reliable Stud Finder for home use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm thinking of getting a Stud Finder, so that when I drill or nail something into a wall at home, I don't puncture any pipes, wires etc.

I heard that cheap ones aren't good, not sure if this is true.
Any recommendations would be very welcome 😉

Hi Frank 👋

Did you manage to find a forensic plumber to show it wasn't you who caused the leak in the wall?
😉

I have the Bosch blue professional one, and as above it is completely useless! Well not completely but very difficult to use accurately and I still wouldn't trust it. Normally best to use a small sharp chisel and just check what's behind before drilling.

I have one by Zircon, not fancy/expensive by any means. Finds studs and power lines pretty accurately tbh.

Of course everybody puts the metallic tape behind where they’ve neatly clipped the vertical/horizontal plastic pipes they used in the new build house - so any stud/pipe finder should be fine 😂

Reply to Any reliable Stud Finder for home use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock