Search the forum,

Discuss any one worked for help link? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Getting low on my own work,just seen a couple of help link vans around has anyone worked for them before.They seem to be getting a lot of work in the local area.?Just wondering if anyone has any experience of them,dont mind hard collar and a few late ones.

From what I've heard disorganised and expect you to travel miles in your own time.

Avoid. I cant explain how bad their rep is round here (helplink started in my town).

Mike is right, You'll have to travel for miles without pay. They send people all over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What type of work do they do? Is it installs or service/repair work?
ive not seen any vans round my way, are they nationwide?

Both. Just a heating firm. They seem to be expanding out of the north.

DO NOT BOTHER!! my mate did and pay isnt the best and like others have said want you to travel half across country in your own time. avoid

they pay £140 a unit which a combi is a unit plus an extra £10 if you travel 35 miles one way and £20 extra for more than 70 miles

They get you traveling 140 miles to the job and when it comes pay day they don't pay you traveling.
plus now they only pay £160 for a combi combi gas run and vertical flue.
then three months down the line make up a remedial and fine you £60.
when you ring the office to find out what it was for they just ignore you.
stay away wages are always wrong and they don't get sorted. combi 15m gas run through the house condensate pump and vertical flue 1 day £160.

They get you traveling 140 miles to the job and when it comes pay day they don't pay you traveling.
plus now they only pay £160 for a combi combi gas run and vertical flue.
then three months down the line make up a remedial and fine you £60.
when you ring the office to find out what it was for they just ignore you.
stay away wages are always wrong and they don't get sorted. combi 15m gas run through the house condensate pump and vertical flue 1 day £160.

Funny you say that mate,last week some agency bod was bending my ear about an install firm wanting installers the prices looked a bit carp.Didnt bother but found out it was Help link,doing some remedial for a North west gas maintenance group,done 250 miles today

Avoid. I cant explain how bad their rep is round here (helplink started in my town).

Mike is right, You'll have to travel for miles without pay. They send people all over.

They started in my town... Not yours haha

Started off in Rothwell, I worked for them. Moved to cas after 6month

£65 a week as an apprentice I got. I packed in it was rubbish

Last edited by a moderator:
ive heard of a few engineers i know going direct for them and doing well. If your directly employed then your travel time is working time if its further then the distance from your home to your office/place of work but its not uncommon to agree 30 mins travel a day is personal travel in many contracts of work. Most field based workers tend to be classed as working from home. If your a subby then you need to discuss and agree traveling costs/time and get it in writing.

Last edited:
did 8 months subcontract work, the area i was supposed to work wast east anglia approx an hours drive, very rarely was it under an hour and halfs and more often two hours area, was going into midlands all of south east and going into london and down to south coast on occasion, poor surveying meant most jobs classified as one day when new gas run and condensates would mean a one and a half day was more appropriate, and important items such as condensate pumps and flue extensions that couldn't really be held as van stock were often missed on orders, attitude from management was your paid well enough to work over and get the job done and you will get early finishes sometime, also there is no notice if there is no work planned so you are expected to be available at 8 pm every morning last year i had two weeks no work but was expected to report in every day,
when i was busy with the travelling i was getting less than £10 an hour setting off from home @ 6 am an not getting back until 9 pm
management dont back you up with customer disputes (had two, both customer signed on site agreement then changed mind after completion) and had to alter job runs in my own time

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting low on my own work,just seen a couple of help link vans around has anyone worked for them before.They seem to be getting a lot of work in the local area.?Just wondering if anyone has any experience of them,dont mind hard collar and a few late ones.

After all that Paul you could give them a call and tell them you want paying for your travelling time and your are not prepared to travel any more than a 20 mile radius, you are very fortunate
now you know what they are up to play them at their own game, if they want you bad enough they will agree to your terms, get them in writing , how do these people survive they must surely run out of
tradesmen, they must look on this site and see what you are saying about them.

AW, is right get it in writing all the terms, mind you will it make much difference they appear to be sad sods and it's embedded.

Avoid like the plague worked for them for 6 months and I've never been so unhappy. Wages were always wrong some weeks was only getting paid 2 units when I should have been getting 5 and then when I left they underpaid me by a grand and wont pay me it. I hope this company goes bust cos they treat there engineers like **** and expect you to do extra work for no extra money. Avoid for your sanity trust me steer clear.

I think that they are also known as the Active Group and hail from Cambridge.
Similar modus operandi!

I'm going to come out, I own helplink. My share is 64.5% and I'm the sole director. Can't believe you are all so negative about my company.

Heat up your cheque is in the post. I have added on £10,000 for good measure.

I have decided that all my staff will only work 6 hours and won't work more than 50mins from their home address, they will all relieve a 54% pay rise.

50 mins !? that's a long drive man! do we get diesel money??????

My mate has worked for them a couple of years direct, he seems to think they are ok.

50 mins !? that's a long drive man! do we get diesel money??????

No you dogs. And I'm charging you for wear and tear on tyres. If u should be neglectful enough to get a puncture it's going down as gross misconduct !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to any one worked for help link? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock