• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Any idea what this is in the airing cupboard? in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Paul Stephenson

Reaction score
The attached pic is of an airing cupboard with hot water tank and associated pipework etc. Does anyone know what the device is with the white sealant around it near the tank? I assume it's to allow you to monitor water dripping from something.
Thanks.Airing Cupboard.jpg

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
:D

Tundish

I would recommend getting a g3 (unvented) qualified person in to check over and service the system

OP
P

Paul Stephenson

Reaction score
:D

Tundish

I would recommend getting a g3 (unvented) qualified person in to check over and service the system
Sounds a good idea. The colour of the floor looks like there has been a leak at some point. This might explain the quality repair job at the bottom of the Tundish. ;-)

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Sounds a good idea. The colour of the floor looks like there has been a leak at some point. This might explain the quality repair job at the bottom of the Tundish. ;-)
Its not actually a leak , its been discharging for some reason, however it may have been fixed

Last Plumber

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Thank god we dont have those types of walnut whips in Yorkshire
Why?
I bet yours are the other way up eh?

Ours used to have half the walnut on top and the other half in the bottom below the creamy bit.

I am going back a bit though for that.

I fancy one now.

Rob Foster

Reaction score
Looks like the tundish has been splashing and some one has wrapped something around the air break..you need to unwrap it
see if it spashing if so get qualified person to check the system over
centralheatking

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom