Search the forum,

Discuss Any employers looking to hire an apprentice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leebrah

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, anyway I was just wanting to find out if there are fully qualified plumbers in Leeds who could possibly employ me until I'm fully qualified as I want to get to Level 3 and be gas safe, I am currently on Level 1 and I started in September. I would really appreciate it if someone was to help me out.

Thank you

and if I have got something wrong or mixed up, please mention. :D

-Leebrah

Hi mate. Your gonna find it hard to be honest.
I took the leap last year and left my job and retrained. After 4 months of nothing a local one man band took me on, on minimum wage. At the time I appreciated the opportunity but over a year on the wages are the same I'm now NVQ 2 and do most jobs alone. I'm doing the gas in January. No body is gonna want to take you on knowing you want to compete for work with them in the future.
I have no interest in working for myself once gas qualified but as I'm earning the same as i did when I was 18, now 33, things may change.
Good luck mate.

Hi mate. Your gonna find it hard to be honest.
I took the leap last year and left my job and retrained. After 4 months of nothing a local one man band took me on, on minimum wage. At the time I appreciated the opportunity but over a year on the wages are the same I'm now NVQ 2 and do most jobs alone. I'm doing the gas in January. No body is gonna want to take you on knowing you want to compete for work with them in the future.
I have no interest in working for myself once gas qualified but as I'm earning the same as i did when I was 18, now 33, things may change.
Good luck mate.

Thanks for ur reply mate, yeah I guess I wouldn't really mind about the wage, I'm currently 17, I just want to be qualified and to be honest, I'm going to move out my area to somewhere like London, so I hope someone would hire me and not think I'm going to take their business. Appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Leebrah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any employers looking to hire an apprentice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock