Search the forum,

Discuss Any alternatives to wet electric heating? Electromax Heatrae Sadia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LAM

Could someone help please? I have just moved into a flat that uses the Heatrae Sadia Wet Electric heating system for heating and hot water. It's proving very costly at around £100 per month and it's a huge unit (about the size of a fridge freezer) that sits in the middle of my kitchen/dining room. Although the flat is small, it is an old property with high ceilings. It is also a listed building which means I can't have a flue on any of the outside walls. Can anyone offer an alternative option that a. is less costly to run and not too costly to install and b. is not as large and unsightly. The thermostat is also broken and I would be keen to know of any smart thermostats you could recommend that work with electric heating systems. Thank you in advance and for taking the time to read this.

Yes smart controls would work providing you have zone valves on heating which you must have controlled by the now broken stat , have a look at your tariff to some companies offer economy tariffs 10 or 18 even thats cheaper rate at certain times of the day with smart control you could switch heating on at lower rate period sorted . Cheers k

Electric heat can be expensive, but I don't see how it would damage your house or pipes.

Electric heat can be expensive, but I don't see how it would damage your house or pipes. Whether or not to leave it on is a matter of how comfortable you want to be and how much you're willing to spend on your electric bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any alternatives to wet electric heating? Electromax Heatrae Sadia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock