Search the forum,

Discuss Any advice please? Heating won't come on, Worcester 28i junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new on here. Been having problems for few weeks, sometimes heating will come on, sometimes won't. Had central heating engineer to come and fix it and service few days ago, it was full of dirt. It was working when he left, cannot get heating on this morning, It has been working on and off since engineer been, was working last night. I don't know if it's a problem with the Drayton Digistar+2 thermostat controller. always got it on the manual setting. The boiler fires up when I turn hot water on, otherwise it's hit and miss. I've fiddled with the Digistar, changed batteries, cleaned it. I saw advice to sand battery contacts which I did other day and it started working, sometimes the heating would come on after I've fiddled with the Digistar. The green light is on, on the box next to boiler. Is it the Digistar controller or the boiler. Any advice welcome please. The central heating is about 8yrs old.

Is it the Digistar controller or the boiler. Any advice welcome please.

I find the digistats to be very temperamental, I would look at temporarily disconnecting that from the boiler and see whether the boiler then reliably fires when switched on. That is a job for an engineer though, as it involves working inside the casing and altering some wiring.

If the boiler is still flaky when operated without external controls, then the engineer will know where to start looking.

If it is the digistat, you should replace it rather than leave the boiler with no time & temperature control. Honeywell are very good, as are the new generation Drayton units.

Link out the stat and if the boiler fires, chuck the thing in the bin and install a center brand rf programmable stat from plumb center. Cheap as chips.and excellent quality (made by honeywell and almost the same as their much more expensive unit)

Thanks for replies, I'll phone engineer tomorrow, I've seen Honeywell ones on Internet ÂŁ100-ÂŁ160 so I'll see what engineers say. I didn't know if it was boiler or stat but sometimes heating came on if I fiddled with stat so looks like it's time for a new one. Thanks again and have a Merry Xmas. P.S. Can't seem to get it to post so hope it doesn't post all my replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any advice please? Heating won't come on, Worcester 28i junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock