Search the forum,

Discuss Any advice on Wickes shower flow diverters? in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

We had our bathroom redesigned in 2015. The builder is no longer reachable and never supplied paperwork for the equipment installed. However a wee bit of homework and I have established that the shower (with overhead rainshower and handheld attachments) came from Wickes, their own brand in fact. The shower started to leak from the rainshower head, I removed the diverter and tried to get a new one. NO ONE had seen one like it. I have been in touch with Wickes and they inform me today that the shower was manufactured in China and they do not have any contact details to allow me to replace the diverter, so it looks like a new shower is required. Does anyone have any idea where I can a replacement diverter?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Base-of-diverter.jpg
    Base-of-diverter.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Diverter-length.jpg
    Diverter-length.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Shower-unit.jpg
    Shower-unit.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 11
The following is a bit of a long shot, but might save a good deal of work over replacing the shower:

1. Take very careful measurements of the cartridge. Length of each, diameter of each section, layout of the water inlet points, number of splines and diameter and length of splined shaft.

2. Try someone like "notjusttaps" or "plumbers mate" to see if they have a suitable valve.

The following is a bit of a long shot, but might save a good deal of work over replacing the shower:

1. Take very careful measurements of the cartridge. Length of each, diameter of each section, layout of the water inlet points, number of splines and diameter and length of splined shaft.

2. Try someone like "notjusttaps" or "plumbers mate" to see if they have a suitable valve.
Thanks Steadyon.
I tried Plumbers M8, and they'd not seen anything like it. I haven't tried notjusttaps though.
I'll get in touch with them and post what happens.

Does anyone have any idea where I can a replacement diverter?
Try 'The Shower Doctor':
if you really want to repair the existing one, but don't expect the repaired version to last any long than the original.

Unless you want to do this job every few years, my advice would be to replace with a good quality unit. Mira is my preferred brand but Grohe are nice too. Make a note of the model for future reference. If history is a guide, you'll be able to get spares from these companies for many years, decades even.

Make sure you buy the geniune article, not some fake from eBay.

Last edited:
Try 'The Shower Doctor':
if you really want to repair the existing one, but don't expect the repaired version to last any long than the original.

Unless you want to do this job every few years, my advice would be to replace with a good quality unit. Mira is my preferred brand but Grohe are nice too. Make a note of the model for future reference. If history is a guide, you'll be able to get spares from these companies for many years, decades even.

Make sure you buy the geniune article, not some fake from eBay.
Yeah, we've decided to get a decent branded version and ask whether replacement cartridges are freely available. Might even stock up on one or two, just in case. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Any advice on Wickes shower flow diverters? in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock