Search the forum,

Discuss Anton or Kane Flue gas analyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baronwills

Hi Folks

I recently passed my ACS and just registering with Gas Safe. Now i'm faced with the dilemma of which analyser to buy. I've been using the Anton v2 for the supervised work that i did before my assessments and that was the one i was going to buy. The best price i could find for the kit 3 is £742.00 inc vat, but the Kane455 cpa1 kit comes in at £636.00 inc vat.

Is the Anton worth the extra money or does the Kane do just the same for less?

Im confused, please help!!

i have the Anton sprint v1 excellent piece of kit ,reliable, guaranteed calibration costs and easy to use,and prices are reasonable to buy if you want to do tt with it get the v2

what do you need it for? if you need all the bells and whistles then the kane 455 is great. If you dont the kane 250 is a good cheap alternative.
i cant comment on the anton as i have never had the chance to use one.

Asking advice is like asking what is your fav football team. I have a testo and it works fine for me. Some dislike them. Its all apples an oranges

I have the anton v2 and have used the kane and would personally always use the v2 as it is straight forward and easy to use and the infrared printer option is a must! spend the extra £100 and i think its worth it plus when you send it back to anton for calibration they are very efficient and friendly!

I agree i cant quite remember how much i paid but it included gas sniffer, printer, temperature probes for flow and return differentials, inspection dentist type mirror, voltage testing pen etc. Does the one you were looking at contain all that? Try and shop around a bit.

We use the Kane 455 - it's excellent. One thing to check it how often the sensors need to be changed - this can push up annual costs.

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I'm still torn between the two. I think i'd prefer the anton because thats what i have experience of using, but if the kane does exactly the same thing, the thought of saving £100 appeals. The reason i'm going for the fully loaded kits is that i plan on covering installs, servicing and landlord certs etc and didn't want to get caught out on a job without, for example, the right probe.

Still would like more feedback on the issue before i make my decision later today. The cheapest place i could find online for analysers is Hamilton gas products. If anybody else has suggestions, they would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Asking advice is like asking what is your fav football team. I have a testo and it works fine for me. Some dislike them. Its all apples an oranges
If you want to talk football- In my opinion the Testo is more 1st Division where Anton and Kane are Premiership.:grin:

Kane gets my vote, but did only use the Anton for a brief period though. In my opinion the Kane is more easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anton or Kane Flue gas analyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone recommend a flue gas analyser. My old Kane needs a replacement and they all seem to have gone up in price. Someone suggested bluelyzer but I've never heard of them.
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
BUY A TPI DC710 FLUE GAS ANALYSER AND GET A FREE CORGI PLASTIC PIPE CUTTER OFFER EXPIRES FRIDAY 20TH MAY https://www.corgi-direct.com/tpi-flue-gas-analysers-18086-0000
Replies
Views
Buy an Anton Sprint Pro Analyser at the best prices online from CORGI Direct. Browse the innovative and market leading range of products below that are aimed at making the job of a heating engineer easier. https://corgi-direct.com/anton-flue-gas-analysers-18087-0000
Replies
Views
Testo FREE Service Promotion. Buy a Testo flue gas analyser 300, 327 or 320B kit before 31st December and get a FREE 1st year service in 2022. Save over £100. Don't forget to register your analyser. More information here - https://corgi-direct.com/testo-flue-gas-analysers-18088-0000
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock