• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier 500ml opinions in the Product Reviews area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am using 2 ANSIO Dehumidifier 500ml in the bedroom and 2 more in the living room because I was having condensation issues. My bedroom windows was full of water every morning and was damaging the timber frames, similar issue in the living room but not so severe.

link:
The thing is after 5 days of using them + ventilating more (leaving window trickle vents open a bit), the condensation has disappeared 100% and the humidity level have dropped to 30%. I am a bit worry now of having dry up my flat too much.

I have a few questions about this product and the correct humidity level to have at home:
  • do you think ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier have caused this drop? are they so effective? has the extremely cold weather we had this week helped as well?
  • what is he correct humidity level to have in a flat? is 30% too low? can it make the heating less efficient increasing the heat lost?

Thanks in advance

Andres

I have always understood that in trying to prevent condensation you should either Ventilate OR use a method of dehumidifying.
If you are introducing fresh air from outside then your dessicant is having to dry that air also.
(However it may be that the Trickle vent is providing a very small amount of fresh air so may not be relevant - you could always try closing the vent and watch the results)

The external humidity has been lower in the recent days of very cold weather.

The internal humidity is best kept 'below 50%' to prevent mould, I wouldn't have any worries about 30%.

Those packs of dessicant are useful for small closed spaces e.g. wardrobes, but I would be surprised if they are having a large effect in a normal room.
We use an electric Dehumidifier but have still had wet windows behind the thick curtains.

I have always understood that in trying to prevent condensation you should either Ventilate OR use a method of dehumidifying.
If you are introducing fresh air from outside then your dessicant is having to dry that air also.
(However it may be that the Trickle vent is providing a very small amount of fresh air so may not be relevant - you could always try closing the vent and watch the results)

The external humidity has been lower in the recent days of very cold weather.

The internal humidity is best kept 'below 50%' to prevent mould, I wouldn't have any worries about 30%.

Those packs of dessicant are useful for small closed spaces e.g. wardrobes, but I would be surprised if they are having a large effect in a normal room.
We use an electric Dehumidifier but have still had wet windows behind the thick curtains.
Thanks

Reply to ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier 500ml opinions in the Product Reviews area at PlumbersForums.net