Search the forum,

Discuss Another mysterious plumbing noise question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently, my ground floor toilet has been making a periodic noise that sounds a lot like a pump is rapidly pumping water into the tank in little squirts. It is always the same length of time, about 15 seconds.

The toilet is on the ground floor near the line in pipes and I can hear the noise there as well.

It's not a hammer sound or anything remotely moaning or hissing. Literally a squirt, squirt, squirt, squirt about 2 a second, very precise. Like a pump somewhere outside the house system is running on and off at irregular times.

Any thoughts? Should I drain the house or something else as a test?

Sounds like the fill valve is at fault I would replace the fill

Reply to Another mysterious plumbing noise question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
There is a noise coming from my neighbour's house through the party wall. Sounds like a pump of some sort. They have had a new ensuite installed recently and also a pipe from first to ground floor was leaking and they had it repaired. The noise comes and goes every couple of days. When it is on...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock