Search the forum,

Discuss Another Kitchen Moving Question! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TonyR

Hello I am looking into buying a ground floor flat in W. London, but only if I can relocate a kitchen from the back (room A) to front of the building (room B). There are no visible waste pipes at the front or side of the house. Actually , my situation is very similar to this old post below, but in my case it is a semi, so a waste pipe can run outside. However, the run to the red X will be 9 metres + 90 degrees bend + 4 metres. Do you think that it is mad? How much fall will I need?
I researched how to increase the fall, does using a 10cm taller custom sink cabinet and compact integrated dishwasher at higher level (Fisher & Paykel Drawer or Neff S66M63N1GB) make sense? Also, thinking Sanivite, hmmm.
Please, be patient with my terminology, I only developed 3 properties in the past. I was lucky with layouts and never had to move plumbing, just updated fixtures. I can't bring professional plumber to the property and have to make a decision in two days. Any ideas or criticism will be humbly appreciated! Tony
PS Tried to add link to the old similar post, but it didn't work. It's called "Moving a Kitchen from One End of a flat to the other..."

Attachments

• flatscan0001.jpg
    flatscan0001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums Tony.
I`ll put my tuppence worth in tomorrow re the Sanivite.

I 'd say it's not for you...I assume you want to flip this flat into 3 bedrooms by converting what appears to be a narrow poorly lit store room into a kitchen? Anything is possible with enough money but if B is barely 1.5m wide(enough room for units on one side only by the looks of it)I'd want to consult an architect as you have potentially a lot of other space there that could possibly be reconfigured given more time.

Only fit a pump such as the Sanivite when you have no other option, research their limits and keep inside the limits with a safety buffer (ie you don`t drive with the rev counter in the red do you!). Tenants abuse them so research for service engineers and costs before deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another Kitchen Moving Question! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock