Search the forum,

Discuss Andrews cylinder in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a job to replace 3 Andrew's gas fired cylinders in a commercial premises because the existing ones are after only 7 years. Andrew's technical have said its probably due to limescale but have advised against fitting a water softener.

Can anyone advise what is best to a system like this instead of a softener? Maybe a water conditioner. What is best conditioner to fit ?

Each cylinder will be 380 litres.

The cylinders are fed via very large storage tanks and a boost set. See attached

The reason for not wanting a softener is because of water flow issues they can’t pass enough water through

Nothing just good maintenance and replacement of anode rods

The reason for not wanting a softener is because of water flow issues they can’t pass enough water through

Nothing just good maintenance and replacement of anode rods
Yes I thought replacement but below is the reply from technical when I asked the question
"The anodes are non-sacrificial and therefore do not require any maintenance or replacement. For this reason, the service clearance required above the water heater can be reduced quite significantly. Correx anodes require a permanent power supply, this is all pre-wired and the anode system can be located at the top of the heater, beneath the top cover"

Reply to Andrews cylinder in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock