Search the forum,

Discuss Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Cari S

Hi,

Am looking after my elderly parents (90 and 94) at the mo... And noticed a burning rubber-ish smell from the back of the boiler earlier this evening.

When I looked at one of the G/Y ones relating to ? thermostat limit settings on the l/h side, I realised it had come loose (and was resting on a v hot pipe, so might be the source of the. smell).

However I'm not 100% sure where it was fastened. I've seen the instruction manual (because of course, they've kept it!) and I think I've connected it correctly, with the offending G/Y wire attached to the correct terminal. Also not touching boiling hot pipes anywhere.

Certainly we have no boiler lockdown error light, nor a ts limit light (but I dunno if the latter is bad or good).

Can't attach photos, I think, but happy to take some and send by alternative channels if needs be... Instinctively it feels I've done the right thing, mind, even though I have no clue about the finer details!!

Reply to Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, looking for some advice please. So I've got a 25 year old Ideal classic NF40 boiler. We live in a naturally warm house so only have the heating and water on for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. The last week or so we've noticed it's stinking of gas on start up. Pilot light is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It had a welded fabricated boiler. I've seen such heat exchangers leak within 7 years from new. No wonder the Potterton heating production manager said...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time poster. I've been banging my head against a wall this past month on google searches and soliciting advice of a couple of plumbers as well as the boiler supplier. I got a De Dietrich 28-33kw Combi boiler installed just over a year ago, with UFH downstairs (3 zones) and radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock