Search the forum,

Discuss An unusual problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smcart5

I have a problem which i am unsure if falls into a plumbing problem or pest control but i am going to try here first as some of you may have experience with this.

In the morning after night shifts i keep finding small and very distinctive flies hanging around my bathroom sink, specifically the overflow, the window is not open at night so i presume they have crawled through the waste pipe and into my bathroom, they tend to hang around the sink and nowhere else in the house, does anyone have an idea about what is causing this and how i can stop it?

The sink does not smell at all so i am puzzled as to why and how they are getting in, the trap seems to be intact though i won't remove it because the pipework is a bit dodgy and the estate agent is slow to get any work scheduled.

Maybe they're hidden in the basin's overflow (above the plug hole) in the ceramic part and nowhere near the waste pipe? If you squirt some deodrant (for example) this might disrupt things a little and blow them out ... just a thought.

Its not like that, i get rid of them on a daily basis, i wash them down the sink, swat them, but they seem to be back the next day :confused:

I was meaning that the egg/maggots might be in the overflow area and using a pressurised can ... etc

Yeah, by all means try anything you can think of to spray down, around, through to get rid of them.

But because something is in the pipework/overflow/waste that they're there for, chances are that either you (or someone who can repair damage/leaks if it's a dodgy/fragile set-up) needs to dismantle, investigate, clean thoroughly and put back together.

bleach it all , down plug and over flow, leave it for an hour if in there should be dead by then, chris..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An unusual problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock