Search the forum,

Discuss american fridge freezer and 3 bar pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

R

REDSAW

customer wants a fridge freezer for ice and chilled water running from header tank on a gravity mains supply?.
can you do this?/?///:willy_nilly:

another request is to tap into the bath tap 22mm pipes and connect a 3bar pump for 2 showers instead of dedicated supply via essex flange
comments?:75:

Last edited by a moderator:
Should make for interesting discussions when having a whiskey with ice.

On the plus side it would make checking the inhibitor concentration a lot easier.

Tee of at the top of the cylinder if the head of pressure is good enough it will work, if not how about a Surrey Flange?

No, its got a 100 gallon cold water storage tank for all 4 bathroom supplies not the headr tank.lol

you dont need a flange, but you need to connect from high point to avoid airlocks, i.e.

Is that a pigeon feather in my ice cube?

My understanding is that even with a bylaw kit it is drinkable but not potable based on possible temperature change during storage. I should imagine the fridge mi's require a potable feed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No, its got a 100 gallon cold water storage tank for all 4 bathroom supplies not the headr tank.lol

Sorry Redsaw, don't know where I saw F&E in your OP the sad thing is I can't even blame the drink LOL

Not sure about regulations but if the tanks are covered it might be ok, you have the benefit of the freezer and chiller to do some purifying.

As your in the attic why not take a feed from the mains? if the pressure is too high you can always restrict it with a valve.

With a bylaw kit the water in the cold water storage cistern is classed as wholesome. The lagging jacket is supposed to keep the temperature down. It only becomes fluid category two in the hot water cylinder.

You can lag it as much as you like. Some lofts are like saunas in summer. My preference here would be to do the job with a mains feed or let someone else do it. But that's just me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

What's the flow and pressure requirements for the fridge. It will have that ridiculously small white pipe and wm valve adaptor and have to go through the internal/external filter. Tank fed might not be upto it.

What's the flow and pressure requirements for the fridge. It will have that ridiculously small white pipe and wm valve adaptor and have to go through the internal/external filter. Tank fed might not be upto it.

good point,
i was thinking taking it from the feed,

Reply to american fridge freezer and 3 bar pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock