Search the forum,

Discuss Amateur question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smcart5

I'm still in my first year of the level 2 in heating and ventilation and i'm slightly annoyed at having to guess the angle for a passover bend, is there any tool thats designed to measure that? (apart from a protractor, which i've thought about.)
I know i'll get the hang of it with experience but for now i want to take a pipe thats bent out of shape again and swear at the thing.

Try the method I was taught on city&guilds level 2 plumbing using a 600mm ruler and a 300mm folding rule. for a pass over. Multiply the height the passover has to go over by 3. ie 30mm jump equels 90mm. place one end of the folding rule on the 600mm mark and the other on the 510mm mark. (corners of the rule) this gives you the angle for the first bend. Then you mark 30mm from the inside of the bend to give the second and third bend. You should refer to a text book for a better explanation. However, pass overs, Bridge passes. paralel offset. etc can all be made to predicted sizes.

Hi, the easiest way to measure a passover is to measure the distance from wall to obstacle (line of pipe) then on a piece of paper draw a line across the page, measure the distance up the page from the line and draw another line. Bend the pipe to about 45 and place onto the paper with the bridge of bend over top line, then mark the pipe where the bottom line passes and place in bender. markings tangent to the former on your bender. bend pipe and hey presto perfect passover. Same principle for offsets etc.

I hope this explains it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Amateur question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock