Search the forum,

Discuss ?? Am I missing something combination tank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

2E7C56F5-4A69-4B57-9704-5D8E0ADCFB46.jpeg
2E7C56F5-4A69-4B57-9704-5D8E0ADCFB46.jpeg

Combination cylinder..two tappings,mains cold bottom,hot at top...two immersions below the drain off??

Never seen one piped up this way...direct cylinder vented but mains pressure hot water
Looks like a poorly installed thermal store should be a data label on it somewhere ? Post a picture of this and we can confirm this, Hep is a no-no pipework should be copper on view in my opinion, any solar panels on the property ? Often these are linked into the thermal stores immersion heater via a I switch or similar . Kop

Exactly, it was badly designed system
It’s one of the worst installs I have seen to be honest, it’s literally been thrown in!.. the system is in a flat, electric boiler for the heating and this cylinder for the hot water....just works off two immersions, electrical boiler has failed so I’m replacing that however the client would like to keep the cylinder for financial reasons...I recommend changing the system for a S plan but again it’s all down to finance....we settled on me pulling the cylinder out fitting a new boiler and piping the cylinder back up in copper, I won’t get any job satisfaction off this one unfortunately.

Ask yourself why an unvented wasn’t installed in the first place , it will be the usual suspect
“ The discharge pipe “ no doubt.

Or a lack of understanding.

Got a customer wants his oul combi out, heat only in with vented hot water and shower pumps. Doesn't want one of these dangerous unvented cylinder things.

Go figure. Trying to re educate.

Reply to ?? Am I missing something combination tank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock