Search the forum,

Discuss Altech/Salus - any good? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello folks,
I think my Honeywell CH/HW controller has failed, so I have been looking at possible replacements. Graham do an Altech(rebranded Salus, I presume) one, that is half the price of Honeywell/Drayton ones, it seems to offer very similar function and comes with a 5 Year Warranty!
https://www.grahamdirect.co.uk/product/altech-2-channel-programmer-5-2d-or-7d/

Has anyone got any experience of Altech/Salus 'standard' products (not the new fangled Wifi tech)?
Do they fit standard backplates or will it need rewiring?

I use a lot of Salus. A few years ago they were terrible. I don't get any issues with them and with a 5 year warranty makes them a decent choice.

I use a lot of Salus. A few years ago they were terrible. I don't get any issues with them and with a 5 year warranty makes them a decent choice.
If my interpretation of your response is correct, you are saying that they are okay nowdays?

Anybody else with experience of them, before I commit to 5 years of queuing in Graham's to get my unit replaced under warranty?

They are ok. They were very unresponsive in years gone past. Recently installed 2 salus units and they were ok.
[automerge]1579614521[/automerge]
Plumb centre have a good own brand (Honeywell made) only draw back is less programmable on off times. Good unit always works out of box easy to wire.

Last edited:
They are ok. They were very unresponsive in years gone past. Recently installed 2 salus units and they were ok.
[automerge]1579614521[/automerge]
Plumb centre have a good own brand (Honeywell made) only draw back is less programmable on off times. Good unit always works out of box easy to wire.

Always found the center brand stuff not to be too bad. Even their unvented cylinders, which are a rebranded mega flo.

Reply to Altech/Salus - any good? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock