Search the forum,

Discuss Allowed work on extract fan? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a question regarding a disagreement i'm having at work. We recently had a tray-washing tunnel machine with a gas-burner break down due to the burner extract fan being flooded as the submerged heat pipe cracked. The fan was removed and sent away, came back today to be fitted.

My argument is that we either shouldn't be doing the work to refit the extract fan and ducting or the burner shouldn't be used until a gas-safe engineer has checked the integrity of the pipe work.

Am i correct or not?

It’s a factory and processing equipment so very grey area it’s normally down to site hs officer / company rules

I suppose it depends on the machine and the setting.

Shaun does have a point. If it is your own equipment in an industry setting, there are normally site based engineers or a maintenance team who 'could' in practice know more about the machine than an outsider and if they have a level of competence and experience to suit the job, they may be better placed to repair it themselves.

That said. If it is an externally manufactured commercial gas appliance (available mass market) then to work on it you should be qualified and insured.

I don't know what a gas fired tray washing tunnel machine is so it's hard to say.
Is it a commercial catering appliance?
What setting are we talking about?

Reply to Allowed work on extract fan? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock