Search the forum,

Discuss Allowed work on extract fan? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a question regarding a disagreement i'm having at work. We recently had a tray-washing tunnel machine with a gas-burner break down due to the burner extract fan being flooded as the submerged heat pipe cracked. The fan was removed and sent away, came back today to be fitted.

My argument is that we either shouldn't be doing the work to refit the extract fan and ducting or the burner shouldn't be used until a gas-safe engineer has checked the integrity of the pipe work.

Am i correct or not?

It’s a factory and processing equipment so very grey area it’s normally down to site hs officer / company rules

I suppose it depends on the machine and the setting.

Shaun does have a point. If it is your own equipment in an industry setting, there are normally site based engineers or a maintenance team who 'could' in practice know more about the machine than an outsider and if they have a level of competence and experience to suit the job, they may be better placed to repair it themselves.

That said. If it is an externally manufactured commercial gas appliance (available mass market) then to work on it you should be qualified and insured.

I don't know what a gas fired tray washing tunnel machine is so it's hard to say.
Is it a commercial catering appliance?
What setting are we talking about?

Reply to Allowed work on extract fan? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then up the outside of the external wall. The ducting pipe circumference is about 32cm, so about 10cm diameter. There is no extractor fan in the kitchen. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all. Apologies if this is not the right forum to post my question. I recently purchased a house which had water leaking from the shower tray into the room below. It wasn't too bad but I could see the water marks in the ceiling. Since I'm not from the area, I got a few plumber recommendations...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock