Search the forum,

Discuss All radiators are getting hot when we've only got HW on. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We've been the house for just over 2 years. We've only just got around to figuring out this 'Y' plan system as we've never had one before. We've been using the immersion tank for hot water (using the electrical backup ££££) since we moved in, but with costs rising, I need to figure out where the fault is and get it sorted before winter ideally.

We've just turned on the HW part of the controller and run a test but it seems that all the hot water is going to the CH and only a bit is reaching the tank. The thermostat appears to function correctly when we turn it up/down.
I replaced the room thermostat last year as it was falling apart and didn't look safe.
I have done some research and it would appear that it is either the 3-way valve (Honeywell V7034a1039) or the controller (Honeywell ST4600A).

My question is if there is a hard and fast way to figure it out or do I need to get my electrical test kit and check the valve wiring to the box in the cupboard as per Honeywells diagnostic method?

Thanks in advance.

3 way valve probably remove the head does the spindle move easily by hand if not try using a pair of pliers to move it back and forwards a couple of times

Reply to All radiators are getting hot when we've only got HW on. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock