Search the forum,

Discuss Albion Mercury Gold Unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I need some advice on an Albion Mercury Gold Unvented Cylinder. I have been told that the internal air expansion has failed and that the cylinder cannot be repaired, only replaced. Is this true? Also, there has been an external expansion valve fitted at some point. Is this correct practice?
Thanks for any and all advice.

Do you mean an expansion valve or an expansion vessel? An expansion vessel would be blue or white painted steel, around 200 mm wide by 300 mm tall. Probably with a pressure gauge attached or nearby.

If the internal expansion has failed, and the rest of the cylinder is OK, combination valve and safety valves OK then you can just add an external expansion to take the expansion rather than the internal one.

You need a G3 engineer to do this for you.

Reply to Albion Mercury Gold Unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock