Search the forum,

Discuss Airlock in Evinox (RC15) boiler cylinder coil - How can I release it pls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have an Evinox Heat Meter Mod RC15 Boiler. I had a cold spot on a radiator and bled it.

The boiler pressure dropped to 0.5bar. A red warning light came on on the boiler and on the wall mounted 'viewsmart' controller. I refilled the boiler back to 1.5bar. The warning light on the controller went out but not the one on the boiler.

I made no other changes but now neither the heating or hot water are working.

There is a steady green light on for the (Wilo Pulse-width modulation (PWM)) pump (i.e. its working fine). There are no noises or gurgles. The cold water runs fine.

I also have an immersion tank. If I switch the immersion on then the hot water and heating work fine. Hence I think the problem is boiler related.

I spoke with Evinox and sent them the system read-out from the viewsmart controller. They said the readings were fine. And they think the problem is an 'airlock in the coil in the cylinder'.

I have re-bled all the radiators and towel rails - and had no success with that.

I cannot see any other vents on the boiler...so can see no way to vent the airlock out of the system.

I have read the following two comments advising to:

- "crack open the nut on the return until water flows. careful not to flood the house"

- ...and " prevent the boiler firing and then start and stop the pump a few times until it cleared the air. much less messy."

I am not sure if the above comments are the way to proceed and if so I am not sure how to do either of them.

So I'd appreciate any advice on the above ideas or any new ideas to help me release the airlock please?

Thank You, Mo

Ps. happy to send photos or skype if anyone has the time please

Last edited:
Have you reset the boiler eg normally via s reset button or turning it off and on again ?

Thanks for your reply. I could not see a reset button on the boiler (and Evinox confirmed there is not one).

But I have turned it of at the wall for 60 secs and then back on again. I can hear the boiler firing up, see the light for the pump flashing and then turning to steady green....but the boiler's red warning light comes back on and the problem with no heating and no hot water does not fix itself.

Best to get someone out who works on them you might have a service contract on it

Reply to Airlock in Evinox (RC15) boiler cylinder coil - How can I release it pls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I have a ideal logic 30 boiler ,the thermostat receiver looks to have died ( no lights on wired receiver ) I believe this need# replacing but in the mean time does anyone know if I can override the thermostat if heating is required please? the handheld thermostat is working it’s the boiler...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock