Search the forum,

Discuss Airlock in cylinder coil of Evinox (RC15) boiler - How can I release it please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I live in a flat and have an electric Evinox Heat Meter Modusat Model RC15 Boiler.

I had a cold spot on a radiator and bled it. The boiler pressure dropped to 0.5bar. A red warning light came on on the boiler as well as on the wall mounted 'Evinox viewsmart' controller.

I refilled the boiler back to 1.5bar. The warning light on the controller went out but not the one on the boiler.

I made no other changes but now neither the heating or the hot water are working.

There is a steady green light on for the (Wilo) pump (i.e. its working fine). There are no noises or gurgles. The cold water runs fine.

I also have an immersion tank. If I switch the immersion on then the hot water and heating work fine. Hence I think the problem is boiler related.

I spoke with Evinox and sent them the system read-out from the viewsmart controller. They said the readings were fine and they think the problem is an 'airlock in the coil in the cylinder'.

I have located and bled the air vent (next to the expansion vessel inside the boiler) - no air came out and it did not help.

I have bled every radiators and both towel rails - and had no success with that.

I have turned the boiler off and back on at the wall - with no joy.

I have read the following two online comments advising to:

- "crack open the nut on the return until water flows. careful not to flood the house"

and

- "prevent the boiler firing and then start and stop the pump a few times until it cleared the air. much less messy."

I am not sure if either of the above comments are the right way to proceed. And if so I am not sure how to do either of them.

So I'd appreciate any advice on the above ideas or any new ideas to help me release the airlock please?

Thank You,
Mo

Ps. happy to send photos or skype if anyone has the time please

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

T1.jpg

Reply to Airlock in cylinder coil of Evinox (RC15) boiler - How can I release it please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock