• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Air vent? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

weraz

Reaction score
hi all

New to the forum and I am a diy homeowner doing as many various type improvements myself. Currently working in our downstairs cloakroom, wanting to lay a new floor and replace the sink and toilet. Excuse my ignorance, but not sure what this gray vertical pipe connection is? Looks like some kind of an air vent perhaps? Can I remove and it, break the floor out, install a 90deg bend and burry the toilet outlet pipe with a 90deg bend and run in the floor?

I’m on septic tank, perhaps it has to stay there....in that case I would need to cover/mask it somehow...

6B298ACF-964E-403D-807E-8EA457C4460A.jpeg

Craig Watson

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
It's an air admittance valve and depending on how your waste system is piped up, it may need to stay there, although technically it should be higher up.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
No I would leave it where it is you can box it in but need to put vents on to allow fresh air

steve crouch

Reaction score
hi all

New to the forum and I am a diy homeowner doing as many various type improvements myself. Currently working in our downstairs cloakroom, wanting to lay a new floor and replace the sink and toilet. Excuse my ignorance, but not sure what this gray vertical pipe connection is? Looks like some kind of an air vent perhaps? Can I remove and it, break the floor out, install a 90deg bend and burry the toilet outlet pipe with a 90deg bend and run in the floor?

I’m on septic tank, perhaps it has to stay there....in that case I would need to cover/mask it somehow...

View attachment 39152
'inspection/rodding' access point?.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom