Search the forum,

Discuss Air Pressure Fault - Heatline Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

We inherited a c.2007 Heatline Compact boiler when we moved into our house.

On Friday the boiler developed an air pressure fault. I first tested the air pressure switch in both the Common-normally closed and Common-normally open positions and both are working ok. I even tried a spare air pressure switch just in case.
Whilst the fan was operating on initial startup, I took it out for a clean and re-lubricated it which has sped it up a little.
I then Very briefly bypassed the air pressure switch to see if the boiler would fire up and it did. This suggests to me it’s not a PCB or ignition issue and must be something to do with the fan not creating a sufficient pressure differential to activate the APS.

The flue appears clear.

I’m still having the same fault come up.

I made some observations and had some thoughts and wanted to run them by this forum for advice. Firstly, some of the seals around the fan-flue connection are crumbling. Still fairly tight but how significant is that issue for an air pressure fault please. Generally how significant are the soundness of the seals around the flue and fan for air pressure faults?

Also, is there a way of determining whether my fan is spinning fast enough? Any tool I can use to assess speed or pressure within the fan unit?

Any other thoughts on what the issue could be would be greatly welcomed.Thanks all. Stay safe.

Stop playing inside a combustion appliance and get yourself a competent gas safe engineer.

Closed as it’s a gas appliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air Pressure Fault - Heatline Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock