Search the forum,

Discuss Air inlet within the property regulation?? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Went to a property earlier today, the vaillant ecotec has a variable flu kit installed. The outlet of the flu goes through the roof, the air inlet in inside a built in side way with a plastic roof. I at risked the boiler and want to send the relevant regulation to the client explaining what I have done. But where in the regs does it actually say that the air inlet has to come from outside?! I have found the following:

British Standard 5440-1:2008
Flueing and ventilation for gas appliances of rated input not exceeding 70 kW net (1st, 2nd and 3rd family gases) –
Part 1: Specification for installation of gas appliances to chimneys and for maintenance of chimneys
Regulation 10.2.1. Terminals
States:

"Terminals shall not be sited in covered passageways between buildings" THIS IS ONLY REFERRING TO THE TERMINAL which has a different definition to the "air supply duct"

Commentary:
When a terminal is to be sited in a car port or building extension the
following additional requirements apply:
1) the car port or other add-on extension should have at least two
open and unobstructed sides

AGAIN ONLY REFERS TO THE TERMINAL!!

Thank you very much for any help you can give

Is the area 'Built in' as per a living area, or is it open to atmosphere ( Constant Ventilation )
Has there been any allowance for air intake to the area. - permanent openings.

It can get tricky when things like this are done.

Was the boiler installed prior to the area being built in?

Is the area 'Built in' as per a living area, or is it open to atmosphere ( Constant Ventilation )
Has there been any allowance for air intake to the area. - permanent openings.

It can get tricky when things like this are done.

Was the boiler installed prior to the area being built in?

Hi there and thank you for the reply.

I didn’t thoroughly search for purpose built ventilation, here’s the picture. I just saw that it was built in. I was told by the client that the boiler was installed after the structure was made.
[automerge]1588154580[/automerge]
Hi there and thank you for the reply.

I didn’t thoroughly search for purpose built ventilation, here’s the picture. I just saw that it was built in. I was told by the client that the boiler was installed after the structure was made.
Hmm didn’t let me upload the omage from my iphone. Either way not that important. I’m fairly sure that there is no purpose built ventilation, but it is not a lived in space, just a sideway for storage with 2 doors and a plastic roof, adventitious air is likely to be high

Different pressure zones unless the building is open on 3 sides it’s ar

Reply to Air inlet within the property regulation?? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock