Search the forum,

Discuss Air in UFH nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon all, I am looking for a couple of pearls of wisdom if anybody can help me. Fitted a new boiler in a large house with nothing but underfloor heating. Install was absolutely fine but we are now suffering badly with air trapped in the system I just wondered if anybody had any good hints and tips for bleeding an underfloor system as it’s killing me. Cheers in advance

Open ends and a hose pipe or if the manifold has hose pipe connections use them

Do one zone at a time and give it a good run

Or you can run a shower pump and a bucket so you don't waste water

Can't you just pump around one circuit at a time until any air is passed through an aav then shut that one down and move onto the next?

Can't you just pump around one circuit at a time until any air is passed through an aav then shut that one down and move onto the next?

Pump isn't strong enough

Bright spark original installer didn’t put in an aav and there is literally nowhere to cut one in as it’s all beautiful finished (idiots). Each manifold has a single hose point so I think Shaun’s idea may be my best bet. Such a pain in the backside though

Got to start from th beginning.
Isolat rhe manifold and turn all flow restrictors off. Connect mains hose and fill each loop, one at a time. Some manifolds need to have the pump removed to stop the water short cutting.
Allow a few hours and run each loop until it’s fresh water.
When finished, dose with biocide

Reply to Air in UFH nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock