Search the forum,

Discuss Air in the system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok wondering if this might be an issue.

Conventional Gas fired CH system.

Gravity fed system pipework has been altered in the past C 20 years ago, new boiler fitted C2 years ago 3 port valve c 18 months old and pump c 3 years old. All works reasonably well house is reasonably warm, never hot enough for the Mrs though!!!! and HW is there unless someone has a bath and someone else decides to have a shower immediately after. The boiler was moved from one end of the kitchen and therefore has a C 15 foot low level run ie dropping 4-5 foot behind the kitchen units before heading back to where it was originally positioned

Since its got colder I seem to find air channelling ( if it does that) through the system shortly after the HW system comes on but not every night. My desk is below the airing cupboard and sometimes there is a big burp and sometimes just a little stream of air over 4-5 minutes, usually 15 -25 mins after the HW circuit is activated. Seems odd. Also seems odd that its around the time that the HW switches on and not the CH.

Have tried bleeding the system - rads and get nothing although realistically I think that the system needs re balancing as not all get that hot. The rads I intend changing soon as they are C30 years old and make a fair bit of noise, as does the pipework!

Any ideas what is occurring and anything I can do to help diagnose

Very difficult to figure out without actually looking at it. Needs a plumber to physically go round and carry out some fault finding to be honest mate.

Very difficult to figure out without actually looking at it. Needs a plumber to physically go round and carry out some fault finding to be honest mate.
Yes, been asking a few to come round and quote for the Rads job and have a look see what they think. However in the era of "lockdown" none of them seem interested in doing so as its not an urgent job.

Reply to Air in the system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it commissioned by an F Gas qualified company. When l tried to buy the system the supplier want all details of the F Gas registered 'installer' before releasing...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock