Search the forum,

Discuss Air in rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I keep getting air coming into my bathroom towel rail. it needs bleeding every few days.

does this mean air is getting into the rad from somewhere ? i cant see any leaks.

i recently drained down and used this rad to add the inhibitor to it. then i refilled the system.

i also noticed on the boiler today the pressure had decreased from 1.2 to 0.7 bar because i bled the rad last week. only just noticed this decrease though.

any ideas if i have cocked up ?

no you have not cocked up. probably just excess air in system from drain down gradually working it's way round the system. just top the system back up to working pressure.

righto, that sounds reassuring. Can it normally take say 2 weeks for air to move out normally?

After re-filling a system the fresh water is airated & it can take anytime up till 3 weeks to completly rid itself of air so a slight pressure drop over this time is not too much to be concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock