Search the forum,

Discuss Air in my system Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ratters

Hi guys have an old open vented system. I have lived in the house for 3 years and have always had some some air in the system. A few weeks ago I decided enough was enough. So I took every rad off and flushed them through. Then flushed the system through with Sentinel X400 system restorer and filled the back up with and put 2 lots of sentinel x 100 inhibitor in.

While the air is now reduced and I did remove lots of black sludge I am still getting air in the system.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

check all joints just before pump and tighten,could be sucking air through compresion joint

it may be possible that if the pump is located close to the vent pipe and f/e tank, it could be drawing air down and into the pump/system when heating is kicking in.
since you have a lot of corrosion in your system which coincides with air in system, i assume the ports of the pump will be heavily blocked and corroded/. take of and eliminate.

"it may be possible that if the pump is located close to the vent pipe and f/e tank, it could be drawing air down and into the pump/system when heating is kicking in"

If this is the case what do I do about it?

Thanks

"it may be possible that if the pump is located close to the vent pipe and f/e tank, it could be drawing air down and into the pump/system when heating is kicking in"

Thanks
which boiler have you got easiest solution may be to seal the system

It is a Baxi but dont know the model number? it is about 20 years old.

Hope that helps

Thanks

first takeof the pump and look inside for heavy corrosion and restriction of the ports, a good sign of air intake from the exp pipe.
if so, look to replacxe pump, lift f/e tank and exp pipe higher to eliminate air intake.
thats my solution, if anyone can add to this.?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in my system Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock