Search the forum,

Discuss Air admittance valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, DIY plumber here, I’m after some advice regarding an AAV, my current one goes though the loft and the roof with a vent on, iv seen on some pan connectors have 32mm air admittance valves built on to them. Does this mean I don’t need the 110mm pipe into the loft at all? TIA
Tom

AAV's were invented when it was difficult to vent a fixture to atmosphere.
They were intended for single fixtures like basins, troughs and maybe a shower when the distance from the fixture did not fall within the required length of the vented drain.

As for using them to vent a dwellings entire sewer system was not the intended purpose, hence, I have installed probably 1/2 a dozen of them in 25 years - on single fixtures that don't fall within the ventilation requirements.

I wouldn't disconnect your main sewer vent

Oz is correct you need to vent your drains aav's are not enough especially the smaller size ones they are only a aid to help the flow of waste water from basins , sinks, baths, toilets, ect although tempting to remove pipes and boxings to gain space your asking for trouble theres nothing better than a vent to atmosphere. Kop

Reply to Air admittance valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
S
Water nearly rises to top of pan when flushing toilet then very slowly lowers. Tried several attempts to clear any blockages, hasn’t made any difference. Would a faulty Air Admittance Valve (stuck in shut position) prevent the normal emptying when flushing?
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
I have discovered that the flexible connector from the WC pan to the soil pipe does not have all the "fins" pushed in and is weeping - that's easy to fix - but I'm wondering if I can address another issue at the same time while I have all the cabinetry off. There does not appear to be any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock