• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Air accumulating in system. No pressure loss... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

nomis

Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help...
I have a system boiler (Worcester Bosch 18i - Unvented) in my garage. I am having to bleed top towel rad in house and magnaclean next to boiler daily. Air is getting into the system. I have no loss in pressure. I have removed the lower level rads in house and flushed (some sludge but not too much) I have also run system with X400, flushed and refilled. The air accumulates with hot water and/ or central heating running...

chris watkins

Plumber
Reaction score
Some parts of the system are under negative pressure this is allowing air to be drawn in without showing signs of leakage. Not so common with a system boiler because the the pump & expansion vessel are normally installed correctly in relation to each other. Check any Auto Air Vents & tighten down there caps just to ensure it is not entering via them. (you may need a Gas Safe Engineer to check the boiler over)
What is the system piped up in, plastic or copper?

OP
N

nomis

Reaction score
Hi Chris, Thanks for you reply. The whole system is copper.

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
How many radiators do you have? Did you add any inhibitor into the system after the works was completed?

OP
N

nomis

Reaction score
I have ten rads. Yes added inhibitor and have used test kit to ensure correct amount

OP
N

nomis

Reaction score
Mixture of ages. I don't believe the issue is corrosion though as I also get build up of air only when hot water is on...?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.