Search the forum,

Discuss Ah, that's where it went.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Lost Allen key along time ago. Annual service:

aqy7udup.jpg

I'm missing a set of water pump pliers, a pozidrive and a couple of other bits already this year :(

Mate went to service a boiler I fitter last year, came back with my fleece washed and nearly folded in a carrier bag. Love old ladies!

alway great when they turn up again! its like christmas all over again!!
Except when you've replaced them twice. Annoying when the custard says "Oh yes, I wondered when youd come and collect them".....as if I could ever remember where I left things!

Those magnetic pickup tools are essential in this job.

The worst are Kopex pipe slices as they can roll away under floorboards, drop down stud walls and are non magnetic so I can't get them with the tool.

Haha love this, I've lost a few 4mm allen keys, as the photo, usually on external grants putting the cover back on to check combustion, then not taking it off again after!
Not found any tools yet, what's the deal with that, finders keepers?

once thaught id left a bahco ergo adjustable is a weird mans attic when replacing ballvalve in ch cistern. had a call back maby 2 years later to a rad not warming up. i made an excuse to go up to the attic to check water level in cistern as i told him that this might be causing the problem! and hey presto there it was right by the hatch!!! bad this was i lost it again around 2 days later!!! and have no idea where it went :(

Lost a pair of jaw bhaco a few years back. Capping off a pipe under a floor in a bathroom. Did it. Went and had my cuppa, forgot about them. Floor got tiled and there was no way it was coming up. So they are sat there under the floor waiting for the next bloke. Probably be a bit rusty by then!

It was annoying as I for once knew exactly where I had left the tool. Idiot.

My brother dropped my estwing brick hammer down old flue, didn't get it back for 3 years . Forgot about it ...,. Clearing debris and there she was like a long lost childhood friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ah, that's where it went.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock