Search the forum,

Discuss AGPO ECONPACT problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I live in the Netherlands and I have a central heating system without boiler (AGPO ECONPACT 235c). It is leaking( very slow) a yellow thick sticky substance. it can hardly be removed if it drips to the ground.

Does anyone know what it is?

It is possibly inhibitor leaking from the system ( albeit it is not normally yellow). Can you identify exactly where it is coming from?
Is the system losing pressure?

I think that the Econpact is a Ferroli boiler - for those in the UK.

Hello,

I live in the Netherlands and I have a central heating system without boiler (AGPO ECONPACT 235c). It is leaking( very slow) a yellow thick sticky substance. it can hardly be removed if it drips to the ground.

Does anyone know what it is?
It is possibly inhibitor leaking from the system ( albeit it is not normally yellow). Can you identify exactly where it is coming from?

It is leaking at the bottom left front of the boiler.
It is leaking through a little opening in the plastic at the bottom. It is possibly that the color was not yellow. I can not check because i have removed the most of it and it is leaking very slowly.
I could not find the dutch translation of 'a leaking inhibitor'. Could you explain to me what it is. If it is a leaking inhibitor, can you tell me how toxic it is.
[automerge]1569963561[/automerge]
It is leaking at the bottom left front of the boiler.
It is leaking through a little opening in the plastic at the bottom. It is possibly that the color was not yellow. I can not check because i have removed the most of it and it is leaking very slowly.
I could not find the dutch translation of 'a leaking inhibitor'. Could you explain to me what it is. If it is a leaking inhibitor, can you tell me how toxic it is.
Sorry, i wrote 'a leaking inhibitor'. It must be 'leaking inhibitor'
[automerge]1569964994[/automerge]

[automerge]1569965276[/automerge]
The system is not losing pressure and is working fine.

Last edited:
Jessica,

It is unlikely to be toxic. However, it should be addressed. You will need a local gas service engineer to repair it.

There is a risk that leakage in the casing interferes with / damages the electrical control system.

You don’t want a minor problem evolving into an expensive one.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your replies.

I think i have found the problem. I have opened the boiler. The thick substance was yellow glue from the isolation within the boiler. I think that it has melted by the heat of the boiler.

Reply to AGPO ECONPACT problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock