Search the forum,

Discuss Aggravated by accountant.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

:nonod: Ok, I basically want to know how difficult is it to change accountant if your a limited company?

The background is that I have to have an accountant because its a ltd company, I'm in my third year of posting company accounts and he has changed the goal posts 3 times.

1st year, keep one lot of records.
2nd year, keep two lots of records, one cash and one bank.
3rd year, keep three lots of records, one cash one bank and one credit card.

My accountant fees have gone up although I've followed his instructions! I feel aggravated because in addition to my ltd company he also has my partners personal tax return, my personal tax return and that of a couple of rental properties. I keep accounts for everything and theres no complaint with anything else.

The annoying aspect of this is hes paying his bookeeper to do the work I would have done if he'd not change the goal posts, I submitted my accounts with months to go, if he'd returned them I'd have done it for free!

I've started by e-mailing him and explaining how things are (politely) but don't hold out much hope. I like the rest of us don't like the feeling of being mugged, the only thing missing is the knife at my throat. So, changing may be my only option....

Suggestions......

my accountant is cheap but not really reliable been waiting on my return for ages now, was told it would be done in a week, then done by tuesday, then sunday....and so on

just notify with a written letter stating you do not need their services and get a good one.
You are paying them for the service and they do not have any hold over who you choose

I love talking about accountants, firstly you employ them and not the other way around so if your not happy with the service being provided, be polite and tell them. Next unless your turning over millions do your own accounts using really easy software, you'll never lose any of your work as it is kept safe on an outside server. I think it is free to use for 3 months, then around ÂŁ17 a month. It sends you an email once a week outlining all the transactions over that week period. It also produces online invoices, quotes, VAT returns. In fact it does everything for you, any problems with the software then there is a freephone number. Then as all your accounts are in order, all you do is find an accountant to submit the details to HMRC for a few hundred quid. Or do it yourself too. Name of the software is Kashflow hope this is of help and your certainly save your business money if nothing else!
icon11.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Ivor, I used to use Kashflow but I found Freeagent which I liked better as it calculates dividends and "smart payments" for expenses. But its down to personal preference. Im Ltd and I only use my accountant for submitting my company tax return, my self assessment and my p35 to HMRC and my abbreviated accounts to Companies house. I run my own payroll and expenses and VAT from within the software, give him the figures and he does the rest.

I agree with Ivor, I used to use Kashflow but I found Freeagent which I liked better as it calculates dividends and "smart payments" for expenses. But its down to personal preference. Im Ltd and I only use my accountant for submitting my company tax return, my self assessment and my p35 to HMRC and my abbreviated accounts to Companies house. I run my own payroll and expenses and VAT from within the software, give him the figures and he does the rest.

At the moment I'm not taking a salary out of the business and taking directors withdrawls etc 2nd year of trading unsure whats coming in/out etc. eg van went bang this year.

My accountant want ÂŁ120 +VAT per quater to do payroll, your saying I can do this myself?

Find a new accountant, meet them & agree fees, services etc. He or she will write to you & your old accountant asking for "professional clearance" to take over responsibilty for your accounts. You & your old accountant write back & thats about it.

Yeah, I run a payroll using the software I mentioned earlier. The software is subscription based about ÂŁ30 a month (inc VAT) but if you refer folk then it drops. I'm not selling it by the way, but if you want the link then give me a shout as we both get a discount on the monthly fee.
The only thing, as far as payroll is concerned, my accountant does is submit my P35 and CIS deductions. You can set up a payroll to pay yourself monthly and it calculates the amount of NI and tax you and your company pay (if any).

I am using the soft ware CES uses. To date has found it easy to use compared to say quick books. Is also give at a glance the state of your business. Unlike the long hand methods.
The information at the end of a trading period, can be given to the accountant to fill the online income tax return. It will take them all of 15mins so a ÂŁ100 should be more the adequate in my opinion. There not plumbers are they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aggravated by accountant.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock