Search the forum,

Discuss After flushing, there is only a trickle of water entering the tank. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

After flushing, there is only a trickle of water entering the tank. When I turn the valve off, and then on again, it flows normally again. The upstairs toilet and all other faucets work normally.

If there's a flexible pipe - braided steel then check for kinks / twists.
Try turning the valve on and off a few times.
(Switch it off and then on again)

Then there must be a restriction in the said valve or pipe .
Thanks for the reply. I just shut off the valve and disconnected to hose from the tank. Then I placed it into a bucket and turned it back on. The water pressure is strong. It seems the problem may be the fill valve. Could that cause it to trickle after the flush? I notice when I don't let it flush completely, the water continues to flow into tank normally.

If there's a flexible pipe - braided steel then check for kinks / twists.
Try turning the valve on and off a few times.
(Switch it off and then on again)
Thanks for the reply. There are no kinks in the braided hose. I turned the valve off and on several times, but once the toilet flushes, it goes back to a trickle.
I did notice that when I don't let it flush completely, the water continues to flow into tank normally. Maybe the fill valve needs replacing?

I'd try replacing the float valve at this point. Use a good quality branded replacement such as a Fluidmaster Pro (with a brass shank) or Pegler Yorkshire.

It's unusual, but it is possible for a foreign object in the pipework to be responsible for the sort of behaviour you describe. Never experienced it myself but have heard war stories...

I'd try replacing the float valve at this point. Use a good quality branded replacement such as a Fluidmaster Pro (with a brass shank) or Pegler Yorkshire.

It's unusual, but it is possible for a foreign object in the pipework to be responsible for the sort of behaviour you describe. Never experienced it myself but have heard war stories...
All done! Thank you, that solved it!
That was unusual, it didn't make any sense. But, as you said, there must have been a blockage somewhere inside the fill valve.
Thanks again!

Reply to After flushing, there is only a trickle of water entering the tank. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock