Search the forum,

Discuss Aerator In Bathroom Sink Causes Water To Back Up In Faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I took off the aerator on my bathroom sink. When I put it back on, it caused problems.
When I turn on the water with the aerator in place, the water backs up into
the base of the faucet and runs on to the floor through the hole where the rod for the sink
stopper is.

I'm not sure that is clear. The faucet has separate hot and cold taps on a single base. In the
middle of them is the rod that lifts the sink stopper up and down. That rod extends through a
hole in the sink and connects underneath the sink to the mechanism that operates the sink
stopper.

So the water backs up from the aerator, into the faucet base, and runs through the hole in the sink
that the rod runs through. None of this was happening before I took the aerator off. It doesn't look
dirty or clogged. Can you tell me what the problem is & how to fix it?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by cross-threaded.

The water is coming from the tap. When I turn on either the hot or cold water,
it backs up. If I take the aerator off, this doesn't happen.

Thanks for your input. Someone told me that the washer needed to be squeezed tighter. The aerator seemed to be as tight as I could make it already. But I tried again with a wrench. The wrench just slipped around it, without grabbing it. So, I tried using just my hand. It didn't seem to turn at all. But I guess I must have tightened it because the problem is gone.

Reply to Aerator In Bathroom Sink Causes Water To Back Up In Faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I have turn off the water main (at the sidewalk), cold water intake to water heater and opened up all other faucets in the house. However, the shower...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock