Search the forum,

Discuss AEG Hot Water Tap - Replacing tap only in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

There was an AEG Prosource Hot Water tap (model GYB00418DT) in the kitchen when we bought our house.

The 'standard' mixer handle (i.e. not the boiling water handle) has started to leak intermittently - it doesn't switch off and the tap leaks as a result.

I can't find a spare tap online anywhere and in any case I'd love to replace the whole tap unit with something that can be directed such as the Fohen tap picture attached.

Is it feasible to install a tap from a different manufacturer on an AEG boiler?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-02 203400.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-02 203400.png
    217 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-08-02 203247.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-02 203247.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 4
It may be "feasible" but personally I don't think it is a good idea on safety grounds, unless you can be sure that all technical requirements of the new tap (flow rate, temperature and pressure ratings of components, connections, safety features, etc) are the same or better as your current tap.
The Pro Source is marketed as a system comprising heater, PRV components, tank, tap, flexi's etc. all designed to work together. If you substitute one component, the tap, for another brand, you take on design responsibility for the new assembly, including for reliability, and in particular the safety of people using it, now and in the future.

The Fohen tap you like is part of an alternative product, which you could install in its entirety:

Alternatively I spotted this, which doesn't have the flexible spout you prefer, and I'm not sure if it is compatible with your system:

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I suspected that would be the case (that mix and match not a good idea) but helpful to get confirmation. Thanks also for the link, I think it would work as a replacement but at that price we may consider replacing the whole thing to get what we want.

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I suspected that would be the case (that mix and match not a good idea) but helpful to get confirmation. Thanks also for the link, I think it would work as a replacement but at that price we may consider replacing the whole thing to get what we want.
PS It's possible the leak you are concerned about is purely due to the cartridge no longer working properly, in which case a replacement cartridge may likely fix it 🙂

Resurrecting this thread to ask a further (potentially slightly dumb) question. The issue with our AEG seems to have resolved itself but I am still looking for a way to turn this into a directional tap. Checking Amazon and there appear to be a wide range of products available under a search for 'directional tap nozzle' suh as this one.
Screenshot 2022-08-25 204556.png

My rather numpty question is would this work with our boiling water tap? The current tap has a tube that runs from the tank through the centre of the end nozzle and out while the normal water flow exits the nozzle around this centre hole - I hope that makes sense.
IMG_20220825_205045.jpg

Any thoughts/experience on this? Thanks in advance!

No

Reply to AEG Hot Water Tap - Replacing tap only in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock