Search the forum,

Discuss ADVICE -Shower leaking via 300mm UPV panels gap? Best way to seal?? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Noticed the floor around shower had a pool of water, looked like shower leaking from below, presumed it was trap but all good, could not see where water was coming from?

I turned on the showed head and viewed underneath base and the ONLY time i had a leak was when the water jet was hitting on vertical join in the UPVA cladding (middle one in pic).

How can i seal this tiny gap cleanly? I looked into spray sealants, are they thin enough to lightly spray into the tongue/groove join/gap?

Do i just smear silicone along the whole vertical length/tiny gap and make a mess byt trying to force it on the join???

Would superglue work, it's thin and could fill the joint???

Or should i just glue a piece if vertical 'make up' and seal each side??

I also removed the disability seat but that was after i found the where the leak was coming from, all silicone will be removed/spotless (the showers off/drying out/i will seal/pump the holes with silicone)

Cheers Shower leak.jpg

Anyone advise please.

Shower has all dried out, so the vertical gap can now be resolved, juts not sure how i can get a 'sealant' in between the tiny gap?

Or do i just glue a strip of white plastic 'make-up' over it and silicone each side of that?

Thanks

I presume they are tongue and groove and should have been siliconed on installation, however.

Me personally to fix this I would clean it all up with isopropanol then force in Dow Corning silicone sealant and clean up the face with a fugi sealant tool.
Then final clean of residue with isopropanol.

I presume they are tongue and groove and should have been siliconed on installation, however.

Me personally to fix this I would clean it all up with isopropanol then force in Dow Corning silicone sealant and clean up the face with a fugi sealant tool.
Then final clean of residue with isopropanol.

So get this -https://www.screwfix.com/p/dow-785-sanitary-sealant-clear-310ml/38292
and cover the joins, then force it in with a fuji tool (i have a copy one), then clean any excess sealant up with isoprop? I never new it would remove excess wet sealant! I suppose a rag just lightly soaked in it will remove it??

It will all be cleaned down, i will spray with isoprop and try get a rag/kitchen roll so it's spotless before i start.

I have several tubes of Screwfixes No-Nonsense clear silicone, why do i need the Dow Corning one?

They are both mould resistant and both contain the same chemicals when i just checked -

Contains: 4,5-Dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one

Thanks

Use what you wish, I just told you what I would do.

After 25 years of people paying me to do this stuff, I go with the products I Know work - other products may work too I don’t know.

Use what you wish, I just told you what I would do.

After 25 years of people paying me to do this stuff, I go with the products I Know work - other products may work too I don’t know.
I also only use dow Corning for white/clear and Mapei for coloured.

Reply to ADVICE -Shower leaking via 300mm UPV panels gap? Best way to seal?? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock